TED十佳演讲之性别无限:一位敢去开车的沙特妇女(5)
日期:2015-09-30 10:49

(单词翻译:单击)

演讲文本

But you learn lessons from these things that happen to you.
但人们会从经历中学习
I learned to be always there.
我也是这样
The first thing, I got out of jail,
我从监狱出来的第一件事
of course after I took a shower, I went online,
当然我先洗了个澡
I opened my Twitter account and my Facebook page,
我上网打开推特账号和脸谱
and I've been always very respectful
我对那些对我发表意见的人
to those people who are opining to me.
总是很尊敬
I would listen to what they say,
我总是听听他们的想法
and I would never defend myself with words only.
我从不只用单薄的文字辩解
I would use actions. When they said I should withdraw from the campaign,
我会采取行动,当他们都说我应该退出这项行动时
I filed the first lawsuit against the general directorate
我对管理总局发了第一封投诉
of traffic police for not issuing me a driver's license.
他们还没发我驾照呢
There are a lot of people also --
也有些人们很支持我
very big support, like those 3,000 people
譬如那3000个
who signed the petition to release me.
联名请愿释放我的
We sent a petition to the Shura Council
我们写了一封请愿书给协商议院
in favor of lifting the ban on Saudi women,
想要为妇女开车解禁
and there were, like, 3,500 citizens who believed in that
有大概3500位公民支持
and they signed that petition.
在请愿书上签字
There were people like that, I just showed some examples,
有一些这样的人,我只是举个例子
who are amazing, who are believing in women's rights in Saudi Arabia,
他们令人吃惊,他们觉得沙特阿拉伯的女性应该拥有合法权利
and trying, and they are also facing a lot of hate
有关由于公开讲话和表白他们的这一看法
because of speaking up and voicing their views.
他们面对有些人的憎恨,他们仍为此努力
Saudi Arabia today is taking small steps
沙特阿拉伯如今正在加强妇女权利的道路上
toward enhancing women's rights.
一步一步地前进着
The Shura Council that's appointed by the king,
由阿卜杜拉国王的皇家法令认可
by royal decree of King Abdullah,
我们国家国王指定的协商议院
last year there were 30 women assigned to that Council,
去年已经有了约30位议员
like 20 percent.
大约是百分之20
20 percent of the Council.
她们占了协商议院百分之20的席位
The same time, finally, that Council,
同时,协商议院
after rejecting our petition four times for women driving,
在先前驳回允许妇女驾车的请愿书4次后
they finally accepted it last February.
去年2月他们最终接受了
After being sent to jail
曾经会被送入监狱
or sentenced lashing, or sent to a trial,
被判决鞭刑,或者发往审判
the spokesperson of the traffic police said,
交通部门的发言人后来说
we will only issue traffic violation for women drivers.
我们如今只管违反交通法规的女驾驶员
The Grand Mufti, who is the head
在沙特阿拉伯的宗教领袖
of the religious establishment in Saudi Arabia,
大穆夫提,表示
he said, it's not recommended for women to drive.
我们不建议妇女开车
It used to be haram, forbidden, by the previous Grand Mufti.
而以前,根据大穆夫提,的意思,妇女驾车是被严格禁止的
So for me, it's not about only these small steps.
我觉得,我们所做的不仅仅是这几个进步
It's about women themselves.
这是关于所有女性自身的
A friend once asked me, she said,
我的一个朋友曾经问我,她说
"So when do you think this women driving will happen?"
“那你觉得我们女性什么时候才会普遍开起车来?”
I told her, "Only if women stop asking 'When?'
我告诉她 “除非你停止问‘什么时候’这种问题
and take action to make it now."
而立刻行动起来”
So it's not only about the system,
我认为,这不仅关乎社会意识形态
it's also about us women to drive our own life, I'd say.
这代表我们妇女能主宰自己的命运了
So I have no clue, really, how I became an activist.
我不知道我是如何变成这样一个行动派的
And I don't know how I became one now.
也不清楚我如何就成为我现在的样子
But all I know, and all I'm sure of, in the future
但我知道,我也确信
when someone asks me my story,
当以后有人让我讲起我的故事
I will say, "I'm proud
我会说“能成为那些
to be amongst those women who lifted the ban,
激起禁忌,与之战斗并最终赢得每个人的自由
fought the ban, and celebrated everyone's freedom."
那广大妇女中的一员,我非常自豪”
So the question I started my talk with,
回到最一开始我提出的问题
who do you think is more difficult to face,
对抗政府或者挑战传统社会
oppressive governments or oppressive societies?
你觉得哪个更难?
I hope you find clues to answer that from my speech.
我希望从我的演讲里面你们能找到答案
Thank you, everyone.
谢谢你们

视频及简介

演讲简介

在沙特阿拉伯, 并没有那么一条成文法律不允许妇女开车。但这种行为却是被禁止的。两年前,马纳尔谢里夫决定身体力行去鼓励女性打破传统去开车,她把她自己开车的视频晒在YOUTUBE上。来听听她的故事里后来都发生了什么吧。


分享到
重点单词
  • celebratedadj. 著名的,声誉卓著的 动词celebrate的过
  • releasen. 释放,让渡,发行 vt. 释放,让与,准予发表,发
  • violationn. 违反,违背,妨碍
  • issuen. 发行物,期刊号,争论点 vi. & vt 发行,流
  • jailn. 监牢,监狱,拘留所 vt. 监禁,下狱
  • petitionn. 祈求,请愿书,诉状 vi. 请愿,祈求 vt. 向
  • respectfuladj. 表示尊敬的,有礼貌的,谦恭的
  • establishmentn. 确立,制定,设施,机构,权威
  • campaignn. 运动,活动,战役,竞选运动 v. 从事运动,参加竞
  • defendv. 防护,辩护,防守