TED十佳演讲之性别无限:一位敢去开车的沙特妇女(4)
日期:2015-09-29 10:52

(单词翻译:单击)

演讲文本

I was asked last year to give a speech
去年我曾被邀请在
at the Oslo Freedom Forum.
奥斯陆自由论坛上做演讲
I was surrounded by this love
我觉得我周围
and the support of people around me,
都是来自人们的爱与支持
and they looked at me as an inspiration.
他们觉得我可以激励他们
At the same time, I flew back to my home country,
不久,我飞回祖国
they hated that speech so much.
发现他们痛恨那次演讲
The way they called it: a betrayal to the Saudi country
他们称之为,对沙特国家
and the Saudi people,
及人民的背叛
and they even started a hashtag called OsloTraitor on Twitter.
甚至有人在推特上建了个“审判奥斯陆演讲”的话题
Some 10,000 tweets were written in that hashtag,
在那个话题下有约一万条消息
while the opposite hashtag, OsloHero,
反观“奥斯陆英雄”这个话题
there was like a handful of tweets written.
也有约120条消息
They even started a poll.
人们甚至开始投票表决
More than 13,000 voters answered this poll:
有约1万3千人参加了投票
whether they considered me a traitor or not after that speech.
选我是个罪犯,还是个英雄
Ninety percent said yes, she's a traitor.
百分之九十的人表示,她是个罪犯
So it's these two totally different perceptions
这对我来说是两种
of my personality.
完全不同的观点
For me, I'm a proud Saudi woman,
我身为沙特女性而骄傲
and I do love my country,
我也热爱我的国家
and because I love my country, I'm doing this.
正因为我热爱我的国家,我从事这些
Because I believe a society will not be free
因为我觉得如果这个社会中的女性不自由
if the women of that society are not free.
这个社会也不会自由
Thank you.
谢谢

视频及简介

演讲简介

在沙特阿拉伯, 并没有那么一条成文法律不允许妇女开车。但这种行为却是被禁止的。两年前,马纳尔谢里夫决定身体力行去鼓励女性打破传统去开车,她把她自己开车的视频晒在YOUTUBE上。来听听她的故事里后来都发生了什么吧。


分享到
重点单词
  • polln. 投票,民意测验,民意,票数 v. 做民意测验,获得
  • traitorn. 叛徒,卖国贼,出卖朋友者
  • betrayaln. 背叛,暴露
  • inspirationn. 灵感,吸入,鼓舞人心(的东西)