英语PK台(MP3+文本) 第146期:那些男孩女孩的小心思(2)
日期:2015-08-14 08:57

(单词翻译:单击)

Dialogue 2

Xiao Gao: Now that you told me what girls look for in their boy friends,do you know what guys want their girlfriends to be like?
小高:你刚刚已经告诉了我女孩子们想要她们的男朋友怎么样,你想知道男生们希望他们的女朋友什么样吗?
Jingjing: Besides being smoking hot? I can't think of anything.
京晶:除了特别漂亮之外,我想不到其他的。
Xiao Gao: Actually, being attractive isn't the most important thing that a guy looks for in a girlfriend.
小高:其实长得漂亮并不是男生找女朋友最看重的事情。
Jingjing: Well then… spit it out, tell me what guys think are important characteristics.
京晶:那……你就快告诉我吧,究竟男生最看重的特质是什么?
Xiao Gao: Guys can't stand it when girls nag at them, so they shouldn't make too many unreasonable requests.
小高:女生向男生抱怨时候,男生会受不了的,所以女生不应该提太多的无理要求。
Jingjing: Hey! Not all girls run their mouths! What else do you look for?
京晶:嘿,并不是所有女孩都是大嘴巴!你还看重什么呢?
Xiao Gao: Well, I personally like girls who have a sense of humor. If agirl can't be funny every now and then, then the relationship will become boring.
小高:就个人来说,我喜欢有幽默感的女孩。如果女孩子不能时不时地幽默一下,那么谈恋爱就会很无趣。
Jingjing: What kinds of things can girls do that really stoke your fire?
京晶:女孩子做什么样的事情会让你心动呢?
Xiao Gao: The most romantic thing a girl can do is to say something specific about a man, for example: “I love the way you make me laugh” trumps“You are great”.
小高:女孩子能做到最浪漫的事就是具体地称赞男朋友的一个细节。比如,说“我爱你能让我开怀大笑的方式” 就比仅仅说“你太好了”强多了。
Jingjing: Wow, I never realized your were so nitpicky, Xiao Gao.
京晶:哦,小高,我从没有意识到你这么挑剔。
Xiao Gao: Yeah, well, there's a lot of things you don't know about me!
小高:哈哈,还有很多关于我的事你不知道呢!

习语短语
1. smoking hot = 好看极了
2. Spit it out. = 你快说出来吧。
3. can't stand (something) = 不能忍受某事
4. nag = 抱怨
5. run one's mouth = 大嘴巴;说太多(通常是不好的事);满嘴跑火车
6. a sense of humor = 幽默感
7. every now and then =有时;偶尔
8. stoke one's fire = 给(炉子)添燃料;煽情;使某人更喜欢你(男女感情上)
9. A trumps B = A 比B 好
10. nitpicky = 过于较真;过于挑剔

分享到