英语PK台(MP3+文本) 第124期:你在投资什么?(2)
日期:2015-07-08 08:42

(单词翻译:单击)

过了一个金融市场惊心动魄的周末,无数人的脑子里还绷着紧弦迎接这个周一。各种信息漫天飞,孰真孰假,也只有等市场来说话。京晶和小高在这个周一也讨论起了当前的经济状况,今日的经济关键词有:泡沫,繁荣,衰退,投资,冒险,保守,房产…好像狠赤激的样纸!Player 你们懂的 …

你在投资什么

Dialogue
(Jingjing and Xiao Gao share thoughts on today's economy)
(京晶和小高正在讨论当前的经济状况)

Xiao Gao: What do youthink, Jingjing, are we in a bubble?
小高:京晶,你觉得我们现在是经济泡沫吗?
Jingjing: We need to wait out the year, 2015 will tell us, it's going to be boom or bust, that's for sure.
京晶:这得等等看,要到2015年才能确切知道经济到底是会繁荣还是衰退。
Xiao Gao: Bust? In Beijing? You're crazy, we may be over-heated, but I don't think that the bottom will drop out.
小高:衰退?北京?你疯了吗?我们只可能经济过热,肯定不会下降的。
Jingjing: I don't know,the jury is out on that one, only time will tell. What about you? You own an apartment, don't you?
京晶:我不知道,现在还不能下定论,只有时间能告诉我们。话说你有一处房产对不对?
Xiao Gao: Yea we bought-in when things were affordable, but if we were buying today, I'd be shut-out.
小高:是的,我们是在房价还能承担得起的时候买入的。但是如果我们今天要买,肯定就没戏了。
Jingjing: I know what you mean, I missed the boat, but to be honest, I could never buy property unless the house was a good size piece of land, that's what real estate means to me.
京晶:我完全明白,我已经错失机会了,但是说实话,如果房地产不是建在一块大小合适的土地上的话我是不会买的。
Xiao Gao: We're a ways off from that situation here in China, but it's coming slowly. How about the financial markets, are you a player?
小高:以中国的现状来看,我们离这个理想还差得远呢。不过总会慢慢实现的。那金融市场呢,你投资吗?
Jingjing: Huh! On my salary? I've got no disposable income and even if I did, I think I'm too conservative to take that kind of gamble.
京晶:就凭我的工资?我没有多余的钱,就算我有,我也太过传统,不敢像那样赌博。
Xiao Gao: Public trading is pretty well-regulated these days and it's attracting a lot more investors.
小高:其实现在的金融市场已经很规范了,并且吸引了很多投资者。
Jingjing: Still, it's too high a risk for me, so as far as investments go, I'm kind of stuck in between the lines.
京晶:但是对我来说还是太冒险了,一说到投资,我就只有远观的份儿了。


习语短语
1. bubble = 经济泡沫,指繁荣景象只是表面现象
2. boom or bust = 上升或下降,成功或失败
3. The botton will drop out. = 市场骤降。
4. The jury is out. = (法律中指陪审团成员还没有表决完回到法庭上)指还不能够下定论,结果还悬而未决。
5. to buy-in = 买入,投资金融市场
6. shut-out = 不能参与某事,做某事没有希望
7. to miss the boat = 失去机会
8. a ways off = 离某个目标还远着呢
9. disposable income = 多余的钱,指个人收入扣除生活必要花费以外的钱
10. in between the lines = (每行文字间的空白处)这里指处于不做为、不活动的状态

分享到