英语PK台(MP3+文本) 第121期:那些儿时经历的印象深刻的事(2)
日期:2015-07-04 08:06

(单词翻译:单击)

人们常说:“你的经历塑造了你”,尤其是那些在成长过程中经历的事对心理造成的潜移默化影响,比如小时候得到足够的关爱和尊重,长大后很可能变得温和、善解人意,而如果受到欺凌,被冷漠对待,成年后的行为会不自觉地带着愤怒,怀疑,自负、充满攻击性,或正好相反,懦弱、胆怯、退缩、自卑…。

中国微信朋友圈

Dialogue 2
Xiao Gao: There sure are a lot of kids in the park today.
小高:今天公园里的孩子真多呀。
Jingjing: Yeah, there are. Hey, look over there. It looks like one of the boys is bullying that other kid.
京晶:确实是,嘿,看那边,看起来有一个男孩儿正在欺负另一个孩子。
Xiao Gao: They're just being kids, relax!
小高:那只是孩子间互相打闹,别紧张。
Jingjing: When you're bullied as a kid it can have long-term effects on you, even when you become an adult.
京晶:在孩童时代受欺负会对人有长远的影响,甚至可以延续到成年时期。
Xiao Gao: How do you know? Are you a psychologist?
小高:你怎么知道,你是心理学家吗?
Jingjing: No, but I experienced it myself when I was young. It was devastating.
京晶:不,但我小时候自己亲身经历过,真的非常具有毁灭性。
Xiao Gao: Really? How can something that happened to you when you were a child affect you now?
小高:真的吗?小时候发生的事情怎么能一直影响到现在的你?
Jingjing: Childhood is an important part of growing up. Our personalities are still developing during that time.
京晶:童年是人生成长当中非常重要的一个时期,我们的性格大多在那一时期发展形成。
Xiao Gao: Well, what would make someone want to bully someone else?
小高:那么为什么有的人想要欺负其他人呢?
Jingjing: I'm not sure,maybe his parents don't give him enough love and respect at home.
京晶:我也不太清楚,可能是他的父母没有在家里给他足够的爱和尊重。
Xiao Gao: Interesting.I'll have to go home and do some soul searching. Maybe there's some things that are still affecting me from when I was young.
小高:有意思。我得回家做做自我反省,没准儿我小时候发生的事情到现在也还在影响着我呢。


习语短语
1. bully (someone) = 嘲笑或欺负某人
2. long-term effects = 长时间的影响,通常指负面的,不能用药物治疗的影响
3. psychologist = 心理学家或心理医生
4. devastating = 具有毁灭性的
5. childhood = 童年,通常是13或14岁以下
6. soul searching =(对自己的信仰和心理动机的)自我反省,自我探索

分享到