BBC地平线系列之《熟食造就了人类吗》第43集:本能的吃甜品
日期:2015-06-07 19:41

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

We are left programmed to eat energy-rich,
我们本能地想吃高能的
sweet, fatty foods.
甜的 脂肪高的食物
I could probably do something illegal
要是我想吃香蕉拖肥批
if I knew I was going to get a banoffee pie.
我可能会不惜因此去犯法
When it comes to enjoying chocolate,
一谈到要吃巧克力
when it starts to trickle at the back of the tongue,
我就开始垂涎欲滴
and I can feel it going down...
然后就会有吃巧克力的感觉...
That's warm and it's cool at the same time.
那种又热又凉的感觉
I have a sweet tooth. Maybe it's
我喜欢吃甜食
because I was deprived of chocolate as a child.
可能是我小时候没吃够吧
Our craving for energy-rich food is very ancient.
对于高能食物的欲望 自古就有
In the 21st century,
即使进入21世纪
we're left with a body and a brain which evolved with Homo erectus.
我们的身体和脑子 一样是直立人进化来的

重点解释

When it comes to enjoying chocolate,一谈到要吃巧克力

come to谈及,涉及

When it comes to German, I know nothing.

谈到德语,我一窍不通。

We came to an amicable agreement.

我们达成了友好的协议。

because I was deprived of chocolate as a child.可能是我小时候没吃够吧

deprive of剥夺; 使失去 ... (权利)

You have no reason to deprive me of the right to a quality education.

你没有理由剥夺我受良好教育的权利。

Sickness deprived me of the pleasure of meeting you.

疾病使得我未能和你经常欢聚。

分享到
重点单词
  • deprivevt. 剥夺,拒绝,免职
  • cravingn. 渴望,热望 动词crave的现在分词
  • amicableadj. 友好的,和睦的
  • qualityn. 品质,特质,才能 adj. 高品质的
  • illegaladj. 不合法的,非法的 n. 非法移民
  • tricklevi. 滴流,慢慢移动 n. 细流,徐徐地流