BBC地平线系列之《熟食造就了人类吗》第14集:古人类的牙齿
日期:2015-04-27 10:32

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Professor Julia Lee-Thorp is examining
朱莉娅·里霍普教授检测了
very ancient teeth from the jaws of both animals and humans
生活在数百万年前的动物和人类的
which lived millions of years ago.
古老牙齿
I'm incredibly nervous
处理古人类牙齿时
when I'm dealing with ancient human teeth.
我紧张得不可思议
It's a very awe-inspiring experience, I guess.
我想 这是一段激动人心的经历
I'm very conscious of the fact
我很清楚我得
that we have to be careful about damaging material,
小心翼翼地避免破坏这些化石
because it's really very precious and rare.
因为它们真的非常珍贵而稀有
Her experiments are carried out in this tiny laser chamber.
她的实验就在这个小激光室中进行
We're lining it up to shoot the laser at it,
我们将它摆好对齐 向它投射激光
and the laser releases
激光投射在
a very, very small amount of enamel.
它们极其微量的釉质上
The laser vaporises microscopic holes
激光在这些古代牙齿的釉质上
in the ancient tooth enamel.
打下了一些微孔

重点解释

I'm incredibly nervous when I'm dealing with ancient human teeth.处理古人类牙齿时我紧张得不可思议

deal with讨论;处理,对付

I think we should work out a strategy to deal with this situation.

我想我们应该制订出一项行动计划,用来对付这种情况。

She has a lot of correspondence to deal with.

她有大批信件需要处理。

I'm very conscious of the fact that we have to be careful about damaging material,我很清楚我得小心翼翼地避免破坏这些化石

conscious of意识到

He was conscious of his guilt.

他自知有罪。

He was very conscious of his shortcomings.

他对自己的缺点十分清楚。

be careful about 注意; 重视

In spite of what you say, I think perhaps we'd better be careful about it.

尽管您这么说了,我认为我们最好还是小心从事。

I'd be careful about putting him in charge of the petty cash; he's got sticky fingers.

让他保管零用现金,我得小心,他有小偷小摸的习惯。

分享到