BBC地平线系列之《药物依赖》第43集:吃药就像喝威士忌
日期:2015-03-27 23:47

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

If it keeps me healthier than I
如果吃药能使我更健康
would otherwise be, and hopefully mentally alert,
头脑更灵活
then, you know, it's doing its job
那它就起到功效
and thank you very much.
我就不胜感激了
I believe in my heart that it's not good.
但我内心认为药物是不好的
I don't think it's a good thing.
我觉得吃药不是件好事情
We're not meant to take them.
我们不该服用药物
In the old days, they didn't take them. They just died, you know.
过去的人们从不吃药 他们顺其自然
I don't like it but I... I am...
我不喜欢吃药 但是 我
It's part of my life.
这是我生活的一部分
It is my life, actually.
实际上 这就是我全部的生活
Millions of people turn
数百万人每天靠服药
to pills every day to prolong their lives,
来延长他们的生命
but there are some who believe medicine
但也有些人 比如约翰·斯图尔特
could also be used to bring it to an end, like John Stuwart.
认为药物能用来结束他们的生命
If there was such a thing as a simple pill that you could take,
如果世上有如此简单的药物
preferably with a large Scotch,
配上一大杯苏格兰威士忌服下
and go to sleep and not wake up,
就能让你长睡不醒
a lot of people would prefer that,
不知多少人想要得到这样的机会
in fact would leap at the chance.
利用这样的机会

重点解释

It's part of my life.这是我生活的一部分

part of一部分

A part of this urgent task was allotted to us.

这项紧急任务的一部分分给了我们。

My inn had once been a part of an ancient ecclesiastical house.

我的客栈曾经是一个古老教会的房子的一部分。

Millions of people turn to pills every day to prolong their lives,数百万人每天靠服药来延长他们的生命

millions of成百万的, 许许多多的

There are millions of living things on the earth.

世界上有数以百万计的生物。

There were millions of people in the square.

广场上有好多好多人。

with a large Scotch,and go to sleep and not wake up,配上一大杯苏格兰威士忌服下就能让你长睡不醒

wake up醒来;叫醒

I didn't wake up until I heard the alarm clock.

直到听到闹钟的铃声我才醒来。

She woke up in the middle of an exciting dream.

她从一场兴奋的梦境中醒来。

分享到