BBC地平线系列之《药物依赖》第31集:感染救星
日期:2015-03-12 20:57

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

If I could invent a pill, it
如果我能发明一种药物
would be a thin pill with no horrible side effects.
就发明一种没有可怕的副作用的减肥药
I think mine would just have to be a
我觉得我会发明
general one for any very, very severe illness that people get.
一种治愈严重疾病的药
Oh, that's nice, that's so much less selfish than me.
说的真好 你比我无私多了
If I would invent any pill,
如果我能发明药物的话
it would be something that would cure everything
我就会发明一种万能药
and it would be called...
给它取名叫作
..infection curer.
感染救星
This love of pills is not without good reason.
人们对药物的喜爱也是合情合理的
They perform miracles on a daily basis,
只要每天按时服用就能创造奇迹
none more so than antibiotics.
尤其是抗生素药物
I believe they're magic, yes, antibiotics.
我认为抗生素是个奇迹

I'm all for those.
我对它完全认同

重点解释

If I could invent a pill, it would be a thin pill with no horrible side effects.如果我能发明一种药物就发明一种没有可怕的副作用的减肥药

side effects副作用

Medicines sometimes have unpleasant side effects.

药物有时具有令人不快的副作用。

What should I do to avoid side effects?

我该如何避免副作用呢?

Oh, that's nice, that's so much less selfish than me.说的真好,你比我无私多了

much less 更少

I read much less now than I did at school.

我现在看书远比我上学时少。

I guess there are much less people in the Arctic regions than here.

我想北极地区的人要比这里的少得多。

分享到