BBC地平线系列之《药物依赖》第28集:产生耐药性
日期:2015-03-06 11:03

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

I was at 70 a day.
我有过一天吃70片
If I gave it to you, or anybody else,
如果你或者任何其他人吃的话
it could kill you.
可能会出人命
Me, I'm not saying it can't kill me.
而我 我不是说这不会害死我
I am at risk of that,
我这是在冒险
but my body has been more used to it than you.
但是我的身体对它的忍耐性更强
It's not just pain killers.
不仅仅是止痛药
Many medicines have the power to lure us in.
很多药都有成瘾性
I had a situation where I kept waking during the night
我的问题是夜里总会醒
and I couldn't go back to sleep.
然后就睡不着了
I tried everything I could,
能试的办法我都试过
so basically I went to see the doctor
总之 最后我去看医生
and I explained to her what the problem was.
给她说明了我的情况
The tablets that she prescribed me was only a short-term thing,
她给我开的药方只是短期的
six to eight weeks,
六到八周
and I've been on them for about 20 years, something like that.
而我已经吃了差不多20年了
When I was on steroids, when I was a lot younger,
我服用类固醇的时候 那时年纪很小
I can always remember looking at them thinking,
我一直记着自己盯着那些药片 想着
"Can I actually give them up? When I'm in pain,
我真的能戒掉吗 我疼的时候
what am I going to do, what am I going to take?"
我该怎么办 我吃什么药
Gradually, as the years went by,
渐渐地 天长日久
I began to realise that I was seriously addicted
我开始意识到自己严重上瘾了

and I just needed more and more. I couldn't get off them.
我得吃越来越多 根本戒不掉

重点解释

I am at risk of that,我这是在冒险

at risk处境危险

He saved three children alive at risk of his life.

他拼命救出了三个孩子。

"Can I actually give them up? When I'm in pain,我真的能戒掉吗 ,我疼的时候

give up放弃;抛弃;戒除

You ought to give up smoking; I gave it up last year.

你应该戒烟,我去年就戒掉了。

and I just needed more and more. I couldn't get off them.我得吃越来越多,根本戒不掉

more and more越来越

He was having more and more trouble selling his fruit.

他在出售他的水果方面困难越来越多。

I like you more and more every day.

我一天比一天更加喜欢你了。

分享到