TED演讲(MP3+双语字幕) 第13期:如何不对世界感到无知(6)
日期:2015-01-23 16:11

(单词翻译:单击)

视频文本

OK.So you're sitting with a question in front of you and you're unsure. You should guess improve.
所以当你面前出现了一个问题而你不太确定答案时 你应该猜进步。
Okay? Don't go for the worse.
好吗?别选坏的那个。
That will help you score better on our tests.
这会帮助你在我们的测试中获得更高的分数。
That was the first one.
这是第一点。
There are rich and poor and the gap is increasing.
穷人和富人之间的贫富差距正在拉大。
It's a terrible inequality.
非常的不平等。
Yeah, it's an unequal world,but when you look at the data, it's one hump.
是的 这是个不平等的世界,但是当你对照数据时 会发现只有一个驼峰。
Okay? If you feel unsure, go for the most people are in the middle.
对吗? 所以如果你觉得不确定就选大部分人在中间。
That's going to help you get the answer right.
这会帮助你正确的回答问题。
Now, the next preconceived idea is first countries and people need to be very, very rich to get the social development like girls in school and be ready for natural disasters.
现在 下一个先入为主的观点是发达国家和人民需要在非常富裕的情况下社会才能得以发展。例如让女孩子上学或者抵御自然灾害。
No, no, no. That's wrong.
不不不 这是错误的。
Look: that huge hump in the middle already have girls in school.
看 处于中间的那一大块驼峰已经解决了女孩上学的问题。
So if you are unsure, go for the the majority already have this,like electricity and girls in school, these kinds of things.
所以如果你不确定就选大部分已经实现了。例如电力,女性教育这一类的问题。
They're only rules of thumb,so of course they don't apply to everything,but this is how you can generalize.
这些只是指导意见,所以并不适用于所有情况。但这能帮你进行总结概括。
Let's look at the last one.
我们来看看最后一个。
If something, yes, this is a good one,sharks are dangerous.
如果有什么 没错 这张照片很赞鲨鱼很危险。
No a well, yes, but they are not so important in the global statistics, that is what I'm saying.
其实不是 话虽不错 但是没那么严重。从全球的数据来看这是我想说的。
I actually, I'm very afraid of sharks.
其实我本人非常害怕鲨鱼。
So as soon as I see a question about things I'm afraid of, which might be earthquakes, other religions,maybe I'm afraid of terrorists or sharks.
当我看到那些关于我所害怕的东西的提问时。比如地震,其他宗教。比如我害怕恐怖分子和鲨鱼。
Anything that makes me feel,assume you're going to exaggerate the problem.
任何让我感到害怕的东西。你很有可能会夸大问题的严重性。
That's a rule of thumb.
这是指导意见之一。
Of course there are dangerous things that are also great.
当然有些危险的事物确实会造成严重的后果。
Sharks kill very, very few. That's how you should think.
因鲨鱼致死的人非常少,这才是你应有的思维方式。
With these four rules of thumb,you could probably answer better than the chimps,because the chimps cannot do this.
有了以上四条技巧你很有可能会取得比黑猩猩更好的成绩,因为黑猩猩无法做到这些。
They cannot generalize these kinds of rules.
他们无法总结概括这些技巧。
And hopefully we can turn your world around and we're going to beat the chimps. Okay?
希望我们能够改变你的世界。然后我们一起来打败黑猩猩好吗?

视频及简介
视频简介:

你对这个世界有多少认识?汉斯·罗斯林带着他著名的全球人口、健康和收入数据表格(还有一根超级长的教学棒),来证明你认为知道的那些事实,在统计中有很大概率是错误的。再配上他的观众测验—然后,从汉斯的儿子奥拉那里,学习4种能快速摆脱变无知的方法。

分享到