(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
Sadie:Hi, I'm Sadie. You must be Gordon.
赛迪:嗨,我是赛迪 。你一定是戈登 。
Gordon:Yes, I am. It's nice to meet you.
戈登:嗯,我就是 。很高兴见到你 。
It's a little strange to be set up, isn't it?
这样安排有点奇怪,不是吗?
Sadie:It was nice of Felina and Jaime to arrange this date.
赛迪:很高兴费琳娜和杰米安排这次约会 。
Gordon:It was. Jaime told me that you're a dentist. Is that right?
戈登:是的 。杰米告诉我你是个牙医?
Sadie:Yes.
赛迪:是的 。
Gordon:That must be interesting work.
戈登:牙医的工作一定很有趣 。
Sadie:Well, I think so.
赛迪:嗯,我是这样想的 。
Just today, I did a root canal and removed a set of wisdom teeth.
就在今天我做了根管治疗,还有拔掉了一组智齿 。
Oh, but you wouldn't want to hear about that.
哦,但你肯定不想听 。
Gordon:Sure, I do. I want to get to know you better.
戈登:当然想听了 。我想更好地了解你 。
Sadie:In that case, since I live in a small town, I do basic dental work, but also act as a periodontist, oral surgeon, and orthodontist when the need arises.
赛迪:在那个情况下,因为我以前是住在一个小镇,我从事的是基本的牙科工作,但也干牙周病医师,口腔外科医生的活,有需要时还是牙齿矫正医师 。
Gordon:Wow, that's a lot of dental knowledge to keep up on.
戈登:哇,你要接触大量牙科方面的知识 。
Sadie:I don't mind.
赛迪:我不介意 。
One day, it's cavities and crowns, and the next, extractions, bridgework, dentures, implants, and inlays.
一天的工作当中是治疗蛀牙和牙冠,还有拔牙,架桥工程,假牙,植入物及镶嵌 。
I had a very interesting case the other day...
前几天我有一个非常有趣的患者…
Gordon:Go on.
戈登:继续说下去 。
Sadie:It's a little unpleasant, maybe not good dinner conversation.
赛迪:可能有点不愉快,晚餐话题也不能三句话不离本行 。
Gordon:Maybe you're right.
戈登:也许你是对的 。
It's not always a good idea to talk shop over dinner.
吃饭时谈论购物也不总是个好主意 。
Sadie:Felina didn't mention what you did for a living.
赛迪:费琳娜并没有提及你靠什么吃饭 。
Gordon:I'm a proctologist.
戈登:我是直肠病学家 。
Sadie:Ah, I see your point.
赛迪:啊,我懂你 。
详细解释
root canal 根管治疗术
wisdom teeth 智齿
keep up on 不落后