公众人物毕业演讲(MP3+字幕)第39期:比尔盖茨夫妇于斯坦福大学(20)
日期:2014-12-11 16:30

(单词翻译:单击)

演讲文本

Bill and I talk about this with our own kids around the dinner table.
我和比尔在餐桌上同我们自己的孩子们讨论过这个问题
Bill worked incredibly hard
比尔工作无比努力
and he took risks and he made sacrifices for success.
他冒过很多风险 做过很多牺牲 才取得了今天的成功
But there's another essential ingredient of success,
但成功还有另外一个很重要的成分
and that is luck.
那就是运气
Absolute and total luck.
完全纯粹的运气
When were you born?
你出生在什么年代
Who are your parents?
你的父母是谁
Where did you grow up?
你生长在什么地方
None of us earn these things. These things were given to us.
这些都不是我们自己挣得的 而是天生就有的
So when we strip away all of our luck and our privilege
如果没有运气和优越出身
and we consider where we would be without them,
想想我们现在会是怎样
it becomes someone much easier to see someone who is poor and say,
这样想你就能够切身体会到那些穷人的痛苦
that could be me.
我们也可能是那样
And that's empathy.
这就是同情心
Empathy tears down barriers
同情心能够消除障碍
and it opens up whole new frontiers for optimism.
为乐观开启一片全新的领域

人物简介和演讲视频

人物简介
本视频是比尔·盖茨和夫人梅琳达·盖茨在斯坦福大学2014年毕业典礼上的演讲。整个演讲以“乐观”为主线,强调了他们对科技的乐观态度,以及对世界美好未来的乐观态度。盖茨夫妇轮流讲述了自己的亲身经历和故事,告诉学生应该站在他人的立场上,感同身受那些处境不及自己的人,尽自己所能去帮助那些需要帮助的人,让全世界所有人类同胞都有一样的美好未来。

分享到