公众人物毕业演讲(MP3+字幕)第37期:比尔盖茨夫妇于斯坦福大学(18)
日期:2014-12-08 16:47

(单词翻译:单击)

演讲文本

Over the next generation,
在下一代
you, Sanford graduates, will lead a new wave of innovation.
你们这些斯坦福毕业生将会引领新一波创新
Which problems will you decide to solve?
你们决定处理哪些问题
If your world is wide,
如果你们的世界观足够宽广
you can create the future we all want.
你们将能创建出我们所有人都想要的未来
If your world is narrow,
如果你们的世界观太过狭窄
you may create the future the pessimists fear.
你们就有可能创建出悲观主义者们所害怕的未来
I started learning in Soweto,
从索韦托开始 我开始了解到
that if we are going to make our optimism matter to everyone,
如果我们要将这份乐观传递给每个人
and empower people everywhere,
让所有地方的人都获得力量
we have to see the lives of those most in need.
我们需要首先去感受那些需求最迫切者的生活
If we have optimism, without empathy,
如果我们只是乐观 而没同情心
then it doesn't matter how much we master the secrets of science.
那么对科学秘密掌握得再好也将毫无用处
We are not really solving problems. We are just working on puzzles.
因为我们并不是在解决问题 而是仅仅在做一些智力题
I think most of you
我想 你们大多数人
have a broader world view than I had at your age.
世界观都比我在你们这大时更加宽广
You can do better at this than I did.
你们肯定能够比我做得更好
If you put your hearts and minds to it, you can surprise the pessimists.
只要全心全意地投入进来 你们就必然能让悲观主义者震惊
We are eager to see it.
我们很想看到你们创造的未来

人物简介和演讲视频

人物简介
本视频是比尔·盖茨和夫人梅琳达·盖茨在斯坦福大学2014年毕业典礼上的演讲。整个演讲以“乐观”为主线,强调了他们对科技的乐观态度,以及对世界美好未来的乐观态度。盖茨夫妇轮流讲述了自己的亲身经历和故事,告诉学生应该站在他人的立场上,感同身受那些处境不及自己的人,尽自己所能去帮助那些需要帮助的人,让全世界所有人类同胞都有一样的美好未来。

分享到
重点单词
  • innovationn. 创新,革新
  • empathyn. 移情作用,共鸣,执着投入
  • empowervt. 授与权力,增加自主权
  • optimismn. 乐观,乐观主义
  • solvev. 解决,解答