(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
Bernadette:When you offered to give me a ride to work, I didn't know you rode a motorcycle.
伯纳黛特:当你答应载我一程去工作的时候,我压根不知道你要骑摩托车 。
I'm not sure about this.
我觉得不太靠谱 。
Pawel:Come on, put on this helmet and get on.
帕维尔:来吧,戴上这个头盔,上来 。
You'll get to work much faster.
你很快就能投入到工作当中了 。
We can zip around cars and go between lanes.
我们可以在汽车和车道之间穿行 。
Bernadette:That's what I'm afraid of.
伯纳黛特:那正是我害怕的 。
Pawel:I'm an experienced driver.
帕维尔:我可是有经验的驾驶员 。
I rode a moped when I was a teenager, had a scooter in college, and got my first bike when I was 22.
我十几岁时就骑轻便摩托车, 上大学时玩小摩托,后来22岁时有了第一辆摩托车 。
I ride with my motorcycle club every weekend, so you don't have to worry about safety.
我每个周末都会去摩托车俱乐部,所以你不必担心安全问题 。
Bernadette:I'm sure you're a good driver, but one wrong move and I'm road kill.
伯纳黛特:我相信你是个好车手,但一着错,我就会丧命于大马路上 。
Pawel:Get on and I promise to behave.
帕维尔:上来我会对自己的行为承诺 。
I won't pop any wheelies, spin out, or do any other tricks.
我保证不会让轮子发出任何声响,打滑或者做其他任何花式技巧 。
Bernadette:If that was intended to put my mind at ease, it didn't work.
伯纳黛特:如果那些是打算把让我头脑放松,不会起效的 。
Pawel:All right, last call. You want a ride to work or not?
帕维尔:好吧,最后再问一遍 。你还想让我载你去上班吗?
Bernadette:Okay, I'm putting my life in your hands.
伯纳黛特:好吧,我的小命就交给你了 。
If I die, it'll be on your conscience.
如果我死了,你会受到良心谴责 。
Pawel:No worries. If we wipe out, it'll take us both out, so I won't be conscious to worry about my conscience. Hold on!
帕维尔:不用担心 。如果我们玩砸了,我们两个都会挂,所以我根本不用自责 。抓稳了!
详细解释
road kill 被辗死的动物
wipe out 消灭;彻底摧毁
last call 最后比赛;最后的电话