公众人物毕业演讲(MP3+字幕)第23期:比尔盖茨夫妇于斯坦福大学(4)
日期:2014-11-13 15:32

(单词翻译:单击)

演讲文本

It's been 40 years since then,
从那时到现在 已经过了40年
and 20 years since Melinda and I were married.
我和梅琳达结婚也已经20年了
We are both more optimistic now than ever.
我们现在仍然坚持着这份乐观 甚至更甚于当年
But on our journey, our optimism evolved.
随着人生旅途的展开 这份乐观也随之深化
We would like to tell you what we learned
今天 我们愿与大家分享自己的经历
and talk to you today about how your optimism and ours
告诉大家 你们的乐观也可以和我们一样
can do more for more people.
为更多人做到更多
When Paul Allen and I started Microsoft,
我和保罗·艾伦开创微软时
we wanted to bring the power of the computers and software to the people,
希望让计算机和软件的力量造福全人类
and that was the kind of rhetoric we used.
这也正是我们所想传达的理念
One of the pioneering books in the field had a raised fist on the cover,
领域内一本先驱性书籍封面上举起拳头
and it was called "Computer Lib."
将这称作是"计算机解放运动"
At that time, only big businesses could buy computers.
当时 只有大公司才买得起计算机
We wanted to offer the same power to regular people
我们希望让普通人也能使用这份力量
and democratize computing.
让计算机能够民众化 普及化
By the 1990s,
到1990年代
we saw how profoundly personal computers could empower people,
我们都见证了个人计算机为人类做出的巨大贡献
but that success created a new dilemma.
但这份成功同时又引来了新的困境
If rich kids got computers and poor kids didn't,
如果富孩子有电脑用 而穷孩子没有
then technology would make inequality worse.
那么技术的天平将变得更加不平等

人物简介和演讲视频

人物简介
本视频是比尔·盖茨和夫人梅琳达·盖茨在斯坦福大学2014年毕业典礼上的演讲。整个演讲以“乐观”为主线,强调了他们对科技的乐观态度,以及对世界美好未来的乐观态度。盖茨夫妇轮流讲述了自己的亲身经历和故事,告诉学生应该站在他人的立场上,感同身受那些处境不及自己的人,尽自己所能去帮助那些需要帮助的人,让全世界所有人类同胞都有一样的美好未来。

分享到
重点单词
  • empowervt. 授与权力,增加自主权
  • optimismn. 乐观,乐观主义
  • rhetoricn. 修辞,华丽虚饰的语言,修辞学
  • optimisticadj. 乐观的,乐观主义的
  • dilemman. 困境,进退两难
  • inequalityn. 不平等,不平均,差异,多变性,不等式