(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
Mo:I have some bad news Your favorite TV show has been cancelled.
莫:我这有些坏消息:你最喜欢的电视节目已经被取消 。
Amy:I'm not surprised.
艾米:我一点也不意外 。
Ratings plummeted last season, so the writing was on the wall.
上一季评级下降, 结果自然人尽皆知 。
Mo:Also on the chopping block is your favorite reality show:American Idiots.
莫:还有你最喜欢真人秀:美国白痴也难逃被砍命运 。
Amy:Oh no, not American Idiots, too!
艾米:哦,不,不要美国白痴!
I thought it was gaining ground in the ratings after a slow start.
我认为经历了慢开始后这个节目在评级中正取得进展 。
Mo:Unfortunately, it stayed a cult favorite and never garnered a large enough viewership to be renewed.
莫:不幸的是,虽然受到粉丝追捧,但收视率不高无法迎来新一季 。
Amy:I'll have nothing to watch next season.
艾米:下季我就没的看了 。
Mo:You can watch some of my shows.
莫:你可以看看我的一些节目 。
All of my favorites are being renewed, with one taking a short hiatus.
所有我最喜欢的节目都将迎来新一季,只有一档会短暂中断 。
Amy:A short hiatus? We all know what that means.
艾米:短暂空档期?我们都知道这意味着什么 。
Mo:What are you implying?
莫:你是在暗示什么?
Amy:The network will put in a mid-season replacement, and if it does well, you'll never see your show again.
艾米:网络将季中剧中更换,如果表现良好,你只能和你的最爱节目永别了 。
Mo:That's not true. You're just saying that because your shows got the ax.
莫:这不是真的 。你这样说是因为你的节目被拿掉了 。
Amy:No, I'm not. That show is on its last legs. Mark my words.
艾米:我不是这意思 。那个节目已经黔驴技穷了 。记住我的话 。
Mo:Well, even if it's true, I still have something to watch, for now.
莫:嗯,即使这是真的,就目前而言,我还能找些别的看 。
Amy:What are you watching right now?
艾米:你现在追什么?
Mo:A show called Podsters.
莫:一个叫做播客秀的节目 。
It's a reality show where a bunch of podcasters live in a house together and are watched 24 hours a day.
这是一档真人秀节目,一群播客同住在一个大房子里,一天24小时处于被监视状态 。
Amy:I've never heard of anything so inane.
艾米:我从来没听说过还有比这更愚蠢的 。
Who cares about the lives of podcasters?
谁会在乎的播客们的生活?
They must be the most boring people in the world.
他们一定是世界上最无聊的人 。
Mo:You might have a point there.
莫:你这套道理在那里估计吃得开 。
详细解释
Ratings plummeted 评级下降
on the chopping block 将被废止,将被大幅度削减
gaining ground 普及;发展;前进