(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
Lily:Thanks for coming with me to meet the rental agent to view an apartment, but I think I'm lost.
莉莉:谢谢你来和我一起见房屋中介看房子,但我想自己迷路了 。
I'm supposed to be there in 10 minutes, but I can't find it.
我本应该在10分钟之内抵达,但我还没找到 。
There are four different apartment complexes located next to each other and they look identical.
这里有四种不同的公寓,而且彼此看来简直一模一样 。
Omid:Don't you have the address?
奥米德:你不是有地址吗?
Lily:Yes, but all of the complexes in this subdivision look the same, and I don't see a street number on any of them.
莉莉:是的,但是这个小区所有的建筑看起来都像是一个模子刻出来的,而且我没看到街道号码 。
Omid:Are you sure we're looking for a block of apartments?
奥米德:你确定我们正在寻找一个街区的公寓吗?
Maybe the apartment is in a mixed-use building, like that one over there.
也许这座公寓是多用途建筑,就像那边的一样 。
Lily:I'm pretty sure.
莉莉:我敢肯定 。
At least I know it's in a high-rise building and the apartment is on the eighth floor.
至少我知道这是座高层建筑,而你要找的公寓是在8层 。
That mixed-use building is only three stories high.
那座多用途建筑只有3层 。
Omid:Oh, then it's not a duplex or triplex, like those over there.
奥米德:哦,那就不那边2层或3层的 。
Lily:No, it's definitely not one of those.
莉莉:不,这肯定不是你要找的 。
I'd better call the rental agent and get directions.
我最好给中介打个电话问清楚具体地址 。
Omid:Hey, look over there.I see a couple of the residents of that building walking out.
奥米德:嗨,看那边 。我看到一对夫妇正从那楼里出来 。
Let's ask them. Excuse me. Excuse me! Oh, they didn't hear me.
让我们问下他们 。劳驾您 。打扰一下!哦,他们没听到 。
Lily:I'll just make the call.
莉莉:我还是打电话 。
Omid:Well, you can be sure of one thing if you move into one of these complexes.
奥米德:嗯,你进去看看就会清楚了 。
Lily:What?
莉莉:什么?
Omid:The bill collectors will never be able to find you!
奥米德:收账人都永远找不到你!
详细解释
rental agent 房屋租赁中介
apartment complexe 公寓大楼
bill collectors 收帐人
excuse me对不起,打扰一下