(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
Julio:Mom, don't you think it's time to get rid of some of the stuff in this house?
胡里奥:老妈,你不觉得是时候该处理一下房间中的那些破烂了吗?
Mom:Why? This house is fine the way it is.
胡妈:为什么?这房子现在很好啊 。
Julio:There are parts of this house that are nearly inaccessible.
胡里奥:这房子有些地方几乎让人难以接近 。
There are stacks of magazines and bags and boxes everywhere.
到处都有成堆的杂志,袋子还有箱子 。
Mom:I need all that stuff. You know I've always been a pack rat.
胡妈:所有这些我都需要 。你知道我一直什么都不舍得扔 。
Julio:I know, but I think things are getting out of hand.
胡里奥:我很清楚,但是我觉得现在已经住不下人 。
You have stuff on every surface and you can't find anything in here.
你连外面都堆满了,这样你就根本找不到里面的任何东西 。
Mom:You can't find anything, but I can put my hands on anything I want at any time.
胡妈:你是找不到任何东西,但什么时候我想要了,就可以随拿随用 。
I collect and keep useful things, unlike you young people these days who throw away perfectly good things just because you don't need them this minute.
我收集并留着有用的东西,不像你们年轻人好好的东西就扔掉,仅仅因为你们现在不需要 。
Julio:I think your hoarding is becoming compulsive.
胡里奥:我觉得你这种舍不得扔的性格变成了强迫症 。
Mom:That's nonsense.
胡妈:纯属无稽之谈 。
Just because you prefer living in a sterile environment doesn't mean I have to.
仅仅因为你喜欢生活在无菌环境中并不代表着你娘我也必须这样 。
I don't mind a little clutter.
我不介意有点杂乱 。
Julio:A little clutter?! You have junk mail from 15 years ago!
胡里奥:有点乱? 15年前的垃圾邮件你还留着呢!
Mom:You never know when something will come in handy.
胡妈:你永远不知道它什么时候会派上用场 。
Now, don't you have some room in your garage where I can store a few extra boxes?
现在, 你的车库不是有点地方吗?让我放几个额外的箱子吧?
Julio:No, I don't!
胡里奥:不,我不要!
详细解释
get rid of 除掉,去掉
pack rat 什么东西都不肯扔的人;林鼠或称“收集鼠”
junk mail 垃圾邮件
come in handy 派上用场