(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
Justin:Okay, we're ready. Let's get on the road.
贾斯汀:好吧,我们万事俱备 。开车上路吧 。
Fay:Wait! We don't know where we're going.
费伊:等等!我们连去哪里都不知道 。
We're strangers in a strange land. Where's our guide?
我们现在是异地的陌生人 。我们的向导在哪里?
Justin:We don't need a guide.
贾斯汀:我们不需要向导 。
See this? It's GPS and it'll help us navigate to where we want to go.
看到这个没?这叫GPS,它会帮助我们导航到想去的地方 。
Fay:I'm not sure it's reliable. We're in a pretty remote location.
费伊:我觉得这玩意不靠谱 。我们现在是在一个很偏僻的位置 。
Justin:Relax and let me explain how this works:GPS systems use satellites to locate your current location.
贾斯汀:放松,让我解释一下它的工作原理:GPS系统使用卫星来定位你的当前位置 。
Information is transmitted to this receiver, so it always knows exactly where we are.
信息会传送到这个接收机,所以它就能精确定位 。
We input the address of our destination and presto!
我们只需输入目的地就齐活了,眨眼就好!
It gives us onscreen or voice directions.
你看它给出了一个屏幕或语音定位 。
Fay:I know how a GPS system works.
费伊:我知道GPS系统的工作原理 。
I'm worried that there aren't reliable maps to where we want to go.
我担心的是我们想去的地方压根就没靠谱的地图 。
I read that many printed maps of this region are outdated and unreliable.
我了解到到本地区的许多纸质地图已经过时而且完全不靠谱 。
Justin:Don't worry. This GPS is the state-of-the-art.
贾斯汀:别担心 。这个GPS是最先进的 。
I'm sure it'll be accurate.
我相信它会非常准确 。
Fay:A fool with a tool is still a fool.
你就算拿着高科技却仍然是个傻子!
Justin:What did you say?
贾斯汀:你说什么?
Fay:Nothing.
费伊:没事 。
详细解释
1.current location 当前位置
2.transmit to 传送到
3.voice direction 语音定位
4.state-of-the-art 最先进的