(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
Oscar:We're thrilled that you'll be publishing your memoir with our company.
奥斯卡:我们对于你将出版与我们公司的回忆录感到激动万分 。
You've had such an interesting life.
你曾经有着如此有趣的生活 。
I'm sure you'll have lots of titillating stories to tell.
我相信你会在里面写很多愉快的故事 。
Liz:Well, my memoir will certainly have a lot of stories about my career:
莉兹:嗯,我的回忆录中肯定会有很多关于我的职业生涯的故事:
the people I've worked with and the kindness I've encountered in this industry.
与我共同工作过的人,还有我在这个行业遇到善良的人 。
Oscar:That's nice, but people buy autobiographical books for the juicy details, the more salacious the better.
奥斯卡:很好,但是人们会因为刺激的细节购买自传书,猛料越多越好 。
Liz:I was really thinking of focusing on the people who helped me in my career and their selflessness.
莉兹:我很想关注的是在职业生涯中帮助过我的人并且歌颂他们的无私 。
Oscar:But I thought you were interested in writing a tell-all book.
奥斯卡:但我还以为你对写一本告白书感兴趣 。
Considering how many times you've been married and the affairs you've had, you must have lots of steamy stories.
想想看,你结婚多少次,出过的绯闻,你一定有很多煽情料 。
Liz:I don't want to be telling tales about people I love or once loved.
莉兹:我不想讲关于我爱或曾经爱过的人的故事 。
I want to focus on the positive.
我想关注积极的一面 。
Oscar:You could do that, but your books won't fly off the shelves without those juicy details.
奥斯卡:你可以这样做,但是你的书要是没有这些有趣的细节根本不会有销量 。
Liz:Really?
莉兹:真的吗?
Oscar:Really.
奥斯卡:真的 。
Liz:Maybe I could tell one or two scandalous stories.
莉兹:也许我可以爆一两个猛料 。
Oscar:Now you're talking.
奥斯卡:你现在才上道儿啊 。
Liz:There was that infamous party where a cat fight broke out between...
莉兹:曾经有个臭名昭著的政党,那里有场争斗爆发…
详细解释
1.work with 与…在一起干;从事…工作
2.focus on 关注,集中
3.cat fight 女人间的争斗