(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
Daniel:You look like you're sitting on pins and needles.
丹尼尔:你看起来如坐针毡 。
Muriel:I am. I'm waiting to hear if our goods have cleared customs yet.
穆雷尔:是啊 。我着急等着我们的货物是否通过海关检查的消息 。
We're in big trouble if our 50 crates aren't released soon.
如果这50箱不让过我们可就摊上大事了 。
Daniel:You've filled out the proper paperwork. What could go wrong?
丹尼尔:你已经填好了文件 。怎么可能出现纰漏?
Muriel:You have no idea how much red tape there is when importing goods to the U.S.
穆雷尔:你可不晓得进口货物到美国有多少繁文缛节 。
There are all kinds of rules to follow and we have to pay the correct tariffs.
我们必须遵从各种各样的规则,而且要付对关税 。
Daniel:But I thought we had a free-trade agreement with Niebuhrland.
丹尼尔:但我想我们与尼博兰有着自由贸易协议 。
All goods imported from and exported to Niebuhrland should be duty-free.
从这个国家进出口的所有货物应该免税 。
Muriel:Most things are duty-free, but not everything.
穆雷尔:大多数东西是这样,但不是万能的 。
There are tariffs on spirits and the tax rate varies depending on the type of spirits.
对于烈酒有着关税限制,而税率变化取决于酒的类型 。
It's all very confusing.
简直让人摸不着头脑 。
Daniel:Well, sitting here fretting won't do any good.
丹尼尔:好了,坐在这里瞎操心也不会有什么好处 。
Muriel:If only I had access to those 50 crates of spirits...
穆雷尔:要是我那50箱烈酒能通过就好了…
详细解释
1.sitting on pins and needles 如坐针毡
2.red tape 繁文缛节
3.free-trade agreement 自由贸易协议
4.have access to 使用;接近;可以利用