(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
Marge:Where have you been? You should have been home over two hours ago!
玛姬:你哪儿疯去了?2小时前你就应该到家了!
Homer:I've been trying to get home.
荷马:我一直想回家 。
Haven't you been watching the news?
你没看新闻吗?
The transportation workers union has voted to strike.
运输工人协会投票决定举行罢工 。
There was a mass walkout at 4:30 p.m. today.
今天在下午4:30曾有大规模罢工 。
Marge:You're kidding!
玛姬:你在逗我呢吧!
I didn't know anything about it.
我根本不清楚什么罢工的事 。
They walked off the job right before the afternoon commute?
下午上班前他们就离开了工作岗位?
Homer:Yeah, I think it was calculated to make the biggest impact so that the powers that be will sit up and take notice.
荷马:是的,我认为这是事先设计好的,造成最大的影响才会引起上层官员们的注意 。
Marge:You mean the walkout has halted services on all public transportation-all buses, trains, and subways?
玛姬:你的意思是所有公共交通都已经停止服务处于罢工状态—公共汽车、火车还有地铁都是这样?
Homer:Yes, that's right.
荷马:是的,没错 。
Everything is at a standstill.
一切都陷于停顿 。
There are a lot of disgruntled commuters out there.
有很多不满的乘客 。
Marge:When will services be restored?
玛姬:什么时候会恢复?
Homer:I have no idea.
荷马:我不知道 。
I imagine things won't get back to normal before tomorrow morning's commute.
我想到明天早上上班前一切会恢复正常 。
Marge:So what are you going to do?
玛姬:那你打算做什么?
Homer:I might have to stay home from work.
荷马:我也曾想过呆在家里 。
I'm stranded with no mass transit services.
但我被滞留着,而且没有公共交通服务 。
Marge:Oh, that's a shame.
玛姬:哦,太遗憾了 。
Homer:Isn't it, though?
荷马:不是吗?
详细解释
1.mass walkout 大规模的罢工
2.walked off the job 离开工作岗位
3.sit up and take notice 突然注意,刮目相看
4.stranded 使滞留,使搁浅