(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
Paula:Okay, I'm off to bed.
宝拉:好的,我去睡觉了 。
Marcus:Wait a second. Where are you going with all of those pill bottles?
马卡斯:等等 。你拿着这些药瓶是要去哪里?
Paula:My doctor prescribed a couple of medications to help me sleep.
宝拉:我的医生开了一些药来有助于我的睡眠 。
Marcus:Let me see those.
马卡斯:让我看看 。
You have four different medications here.
你这里有四种不同的药物 。
This is a painkiller, this is a sedative, this is a tranquilizer, and this is a stimulant.
止痛药,镇静药,麻醉药,兴奋剂 。
Paula:I don't take that last one when I go to bed.
宝拉:睡觉的时候我不吃最后一种 。
Marcus:You mean you take the first three every night?
马卡斯:你的意思是每天晚上吃前三种?
Paula:Not every night.
宝拉:也不都是每个晚上 。
Marcus:I can't believe that your doctor would prescribe all three of these medications just to help you sleep.
马卡斯:我不能相信你的医生会开这三种药物来帮助你的睡眠 。
This seems like overkill.
这似乎有点过量了 。
Paula:I saw more than one doctor. They each gave me a different prescription.
宝拉:我看的不止是一位医生 。他们每人都给了我不同的药 。
Marcus:How do you know they won't interact and produce side effects?
马卡斯:你怎么知道它们不会相互作用并产生副作用?
Paula:A doctor prescribed each one. I'm sure they're safe.
宝拉:每一瓶都是医生开的 。我相信是安全的 。
Marcus:Yes, but does the left hand know what the right hand is doing?
马卡斯:是的,但医生们之间通过气吗?
I'm confiscating these until you can talk to a doctor or pharmacist to make sure you won't overdose by taking all three of these at one time.
我要没收这些,直到你去看医生或药剂师,以确保一次吃这三种不过量 。
Paula:But how will I fall asleep until then?
宝拉:但到那时为止我要怎么睡觉?
Marcus:You're always telling me how boring I am.
马卡斯:你总是告诉我我有多无聊 。
I'll just regale you with stories of my youth.
我会用自己年轻时的故事让你真心明白 。
Let's start at the beginning. My earliest memory is...
让我们从头开始 。我记得那时候…
详细解释
1.pill bottle 药瓶
2.overkill 过度
3.side effect 副作用
4.regale 取悦