(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
Anne:Where are you going with that?
安妮:你拿着那个要去哪里?
Ivan:I'm taking this clock to an antique dealer.
伊凡:我要把这个钟拿给古董商开开眼 。
Rather than having it gather dust on the mantelpiece, I thought I'd get it appraised and maybe sell it.
它不该呆在壁炉架上吃灰,我想估个价,也许卖掉算了 。
Anne:You can't sell that! It belonged to our grandfather.
安妮:你可不能卖!它是我们祖父的物件 。
It's a family heirloom.
这是传家宝 。
Ivan:It's not a family heirloom.
伊凡:这才不是什么传家宝 。
It's just a clock that Grandpa had in his house.
它只是爷爷房间里的一座钟 。
He didn't mean for it to be passed down from one generation to another.
他无意要把它一代代传下去 。
I don't even know if it's valuable or collectable.
我甚至不知道它的价值或收藏价值 。
These clocks could be a dime a dozen.
这钟可能根本不值钱 。
Anne:But it's valuable to me.
安妮:但它对我意义非凡 。
It has sentimental value.
它有情感价值 。
As a little girl, I remember visiting Grandpa and seeing that clock on his shelf.
还是小女孩的时候,我记得来爷爷家时候就看到钟在他的书架上 。
If I had inherited it, I know I wouldn't be looking to sell it to make a quick buck.
如果我继承了它,我知道我是不会把它卖了捡些便宜的 。
Ivan:I'm not looking to make a quick buck, but what if Grandpa left it to me because he knew I would be able to put the money that it would fetch to good use?
伊凡:我不是想捡便宜,但如果爷爷知道我会善加利用利用这笔钱,他老人家走了的时候把它留给我怎么办?
Anne:Well, are you? Are you going to put the proceeds to good use?
安妮:哦,就凭你?你要好好利用所得?
Ivan:Sure, of course I am.
伊万:当然,我当然会了 。
Anne:Are you going to tell me what you're spending it on?
安妮:你要告诉我你的开销吗?
Ivan:Not on your life!
伊凡:你想都别想!
详细解释
1.gather dust 积累灰尘
2.family heirloom 传家宝
3.a dime a dozen 不稀罕
4.Not on your life 你就别想了!