(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
Mario:That's a lot of text in your proposal.
马里奥:在你的提案中有大量的文本 。
Are you sure people are going to take the time to read all of that?
你确定有人会花时间去读所有的吗?
Cleo:It's a complex proposal with a lot of moving parts.
克利奥:这是一项涉及很多变量的复杂提议 。
I can't simplify it without leaving out essentials.
没有了必要数据我就没办法进行简化 。
Mario:What you need are infographics.
马里奥:信息图就可以解决你现在的难题 。
You can encapsulate and communicate a lot of information by using visuals.
你可以使用视觉效果封装及传达大量的信息 。
Cleo:This is a serious business proposal.
克利奥:这是一项很严肃的商业计划书 。
I want people to take it seriously, and I don't want them to get distracted by a lot of color pictures.
我希望人们认真对待,我不想他们因为大量的彩色照片分心 。
Mario:That's precisely why you have to use infographics.
马里奥:这就是为什么你必须使用信息图的原因 。
Look at these reports and proposals I've received in the past year.
看看我在过去一年收到的这些报告和提案 。
Everybody is communicating complex sets of information and statistics in maps and graphics.
每个人都用图表和图形统计表示复杂的信息 。
You can even show hierarchies and networks easily using infographics.
你甚至可以轻松使用信息图表达层次结构和网络 。
Cleo:I didn't know it could be done in such a professional way, but I don't know the first thing about creating infographics.
克利奥:我不知道竟然这么专业,但我压根对它一窍不通 。
Mario:Lucky for you, I know an expert.
马里奥:你很幸运,我就认识位专家 。
Cleo:Who?
克利奥:谁?
Mario:Someone who is enormously talented, but underappreciated.
马里奥:他才华横溢,但却总被埋没 。
Cleo:I don't think I know anyone like that.
克利奥:我想自己可不认识那样的人 。
Mario:Hmph!
马里奥:哼!
精讲部分
1.take the time to 花时间
2.take it seriously 认真对待
3.get distracted by 分心
4.underappreciated 未受到充分赏识的