(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
Eliana:You're here! I didn't think you'd be able to come.
艾丽亚娜:你在这里!我还以为你不来了呢 。
Matt:Why? I like seeing a movie with my friends as much as the next guy.
马特:为什么?我和其他人一样喜欢和朋友们一起看电影 。
Eliana:Yeah, but it's been weeks since we've seen you, ever since you started dating Helen.
艾丽亚娜:是啊,但自从你开始和海伦约会以来,我们已经几周没见过你了 。
Matt:She doesn't own me.
马特:她可没有霸占我 。
She's a little possessive, but I put my foot down when she gets too clingy.
她占有欲是有点强,但她太粘人时我会坚决反对 。
Eliana:Doesn't she get jealous if you so much as look at another woman?
艾丽亚娜:如果你瞄另一个女人她不会嫉妒吗?
Matt:She's the jealous type, that's true, but I reassure her all the time that she's the only one I want.
马特:她是这种会嫉妒的类型,千真万确,但我一直安慰她,她才是我想要的唯一 。
It's true that she's critical of other women, too, but what woman isn't?
的确,她会对其他女人万般挑剔,但有哪个女人不是这样呢?
She's fine if she knows where I am and whom I'm with.
如果知道我在哪儿,我和谁在一起的话她会很好 。
Eliana:You mean you have to report in to her on your whereabouts?
艾丽亚娜:你的意思是你必须报告给她自己的行踪吗?
Matt:She likes to know what I'm doing. She's just concerned about me, that's all.
马特:她喜欢知道我在做什么 。她只是担心我,仅此而已 。
Eliana:She seems really controlling.
艾丽亚娜:她似乎控制欲很强 。
Matt:What did you say?
马特:你说什么?
Eliana:Nothing. I see Xavier and Sophie over there. Ready to get our tickets?
艾丽亚娜:没有 。我看到泽维尔和苏菲在那里 。准备好我们的票了吗?
Matt:Hold on one second.
马特:等等 。
I just need to text Helen an update.
我得给海伦发短信报告最新境况 。
If she doesn't hear from me every half hour, she worries. Isn't that sweet?
如果她半个小时听不到我的声音就会很担忧 。她很贴心,不是吗?
精讲部分
1.put foot down 采取坚定立场
2.to report in 报告
3.whereabouts下落;行踪;去向
4. update 更新