(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
欲加强难度还请移步《地道美语听力播客(快速版)》
Jordan:Excuse me, my girlfriend was brought into the hospital about two hours ago, but I can't find her.
乔丹:劳驾,我的女朋友大约两个小时前被送进这里,但我找不到她 。
Admissions Clerk:Why was she brought into the hospital?
工作人员:为什么被送进这家医院?
Jordan:I'm not sure. I got a call from her coworker, but she didn't give me any details.
乔丹:我不确定 。我是接到她同事的一个电话,但她没有给我任何细节 。
Admissions Clerk:If it weren't an accident, then she wouldn't be in the emergency room or the trauma unit.
工作人员:如果不是意外,她就不会在急症或创伤病房 。
Jordan:It may have been her heart. She has a heart condition.
乔丹:可能是她的心脏问题 。她有心脏病 。
Admissions Clerk:Then she might be in the cardiology department.
工作人员:那她可能是在心脏病科 。
If she is in severe condition, she'll be in the ICU.
如果情况严重,她此时应该在ICU 。
Jordan:It may also be the baby. She's pregnant.
乔丹:也可能是婴儿降生 。因为她怀孕了 。
Admissions Clerk:Then she might be in the obstetrics and gynecology department.
工作人员:那她可能在妇产科室 。
And if the baby has been born, it would be in the neonatal unit.
如果宝宝已经出生,这会儿应该在新生儿加护病房 。
Jordan:I'm just not sure where to go.
乔丹:我就是丈二和尚摸不着头脑 。
Maybe I'll start in the cardiology department.
也许我可以从心脏病科开始找起 。
Admissions Clerk:That's fine. Go past the neurology and oncology departments and it's on your right.
工作人员:好吧 。经过神经内科、肿瘤科,它就在你的右侧 。
If you see the burn unit, then you've gone too far.
如果你看到烧伤病房,那你就走过了 。
Jordan:You can't look her up for me to see if she's been admitted?
乔丹:你就不能给我查查看我女朋友是否已经入院接受救治吗?
Admissions Clerk:I'm sorry, but our computer systems are down right now.
工作人员:对不起,我们的电脑系统现在正处于瘫痪状态 。
If you wait until they're up again, I can try to find her for you.
如果你能等到它重启,我会试着帮你找找 。
Jordan:And go out of my mind worrying?
乔丹:你觉得我现在这么着急有这份耐心吗?
No thanks. I'm going to find her, even if I have to look behind every bedpan!
不,谢谢 。即使我要看每个便盆的背后也要找到她!
精讲部分
1.emergency room 急症室
2.the trauma unit 创伤病房
3.cardiology department 心脏病科
4.obstetrics and gynecology department 妇产科