有声读物《小妇人》第74期:第14章 快乐的日子(6)
日期:2013-11-18 17:28

(单词翻译:单击)

This was the moment to repeat the words she had told Jo,but Meg forgot them all.
此时正是她重复她刚才跟琼讲的话之时,可麦格把它们都忘了。
'I don't know,'she said,so softly that John had to move closer to hear her reply.
我不知道,她说,她的声音太轻,以至于约翰得凑得更近一些,才能听见她的回答。
He smiled gratefully.'Will you try to find out?'
他感激地笑了。你会试着弄明白吗?
'I'm too young,'she said, hesitating but feeling her heart beating rather fast.
我太年轻了,她犹豫不决地说,可她感到自己的心跳得非常快。
'I'll wait while you learn to like me,'he said.'Will it be very difficult?'
我会等着你学会喜欢我,他说。那会很困难吗?
'Not if I choose to learn,'she said.
如果我选择学就不难,她说。
'Please choose,Meg.I love to teach,and this is easier than German,'said John,taking her other hand.
那你就选择学吧,麦格,我喜欢教你,教这个比教德语容易,约翰说着把她的另一只手也拿起来。
She looked at him and saw that he was smiling.
她看看他,见到他在微笑。
He seemed so sure of success that Meg became a little annoyed.
他看上去必胜的样子使麦格感到有些生气。
She felt excited and strange,and taking her hands away from his, she said,' I don't choose.Please go away!'
她感到激动和陌生,把她的手从他的手里抽回,她说:我不选择。请走吧!
Poor Mr Brooke looked shocked.'Do you mean that?'
可怜的布鲁克先生看上去很震惊。你是当真?
'Yes,'she said,rather enjoying the game she was playing.
是的,她说,对她玩的游戏感觉很有意思。
'I don't want to think about these things. It's to soon.'
我不想想这些事。这来得太快了。
'I'll wait until you've had more time,'he said,and looked so unhappy that Meg began to feel sorry for him.
我会等到你有更多的时间,他说。他看上去那么不开心,麦格开始为他感到难过。

关于《小妇人》

同小说中的马奇先生一样,他成天耽在书斋里,追求道德上的自我完善,家庭逐渐陷入贫困的境地。生活的重担落到能干的母亲身上,小奥尔科特为了分担家累,很早就出外做工,当过家庭教师、小学教师、医院护士,以后曾看护一贵妇人,并随同周游欧洲。

分享到
重点单词
  • unhappyadj. 不快乐的,不高兴的
  • annoyedadj. 恼怒的;烦闷的 v. 使烦恼;打扰(annoy
  • gratefullyadv. 感激地;感谢地