(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
Jonas:How's your new job?
乔纳斯:你的新工作如何?
Crystal:It's not a job exactly. It's an internship.
克里斯托尔:准确说这不是一份工作 。是一次实习机会 。
Jonas:Oh, so you're working as somebody's lackey and getting paid a pittance.
乔纳斯:哦,所以你惟命是从而且报酬微薄 。
Crystal:No, not exactly.
克里斯托尔:不,不是这样的 。
I'm doing a lot of scut work and I'm not getting paid a lot, but I'm getting very valuable on-the-job experience.
虽然干着粗活累活,而且比别人拿的钱少,但我从中获取很有价值的工作经验 。
Jonas:Sure you are.
乔纳斯:你当然是这么认为了 。
You're learning how to fetch coffee and run errands.
但你学习的是如何给人端咖啡和跑腿 。
Yippee! You don't have to tell me any more.
实在很好啊 !你不需要告诉我更多 。
I know all about it. It's slave labor.
我可是清楚其中的门道 。这就是份累人的差事 。
Crystal:No, it's not!
克里斯托尔:不是这样的!
I'm shadowing one of the managers part of the day and I sit in on important meetings all the time.
我一天的部分时间要黏在经理身后,而且我所有时间都在出席重要会议 。
My mentor shows me how things are done in the business world and gives me great career advice.
我的导师展示给我商界中的求生之道,并且给了我伟大的职业建议 。
Jonas:Well, then you're lucky.
乔纳斯:好吧,那么你还算幸运 。
Most interns who work for our company learn diddly squat and spend their time doing menial work.
大多数来我们公司工作的实习生学习毫无价值的事情而且从事着卑微的工作 。
Some of them are even unpaid. What a racket!
他们中的一些人甚至无薪 。这是要闹哪样的骗局!
Crystal:In that case, I'm glad I don't work for your company!
克里斯托尔:在这种情况下,我很高兴我没有来你的公司!
知识点讲解
1.scut work 琐碎工作
2.run errands 供差遣
3.sit in on 出席
4.diddly squat 任何事物,任何东西