有声读物《风语河岸柳》第29期:第5章 给癞蛤蟆先生的教训(3)
日期:2013-11-04 15:53

(单词翻译:单击)

He took Toad into a room off the hall and closed the door. The Rat shook his head.
他带癞蛤蟆离开大厅走进一个房间关上了门。水鼠摇着头,
'We won't save Toad by just talking to him, ' he said.
仅仅跟他谈谈是救不了他的,他
'He'll say anything—and then just go and do what he likes. '
将会作一些许诺—然后又去干他喜欢干的事。
After about an hour the door opened, and a very sad and sorry Toad came out, followed by the Badger.
大约过了一小时,门开了,一只很伤心、很愧疚的癞蛤蟆走了出来,獾跟在他的后面。
' My friends, ' said the Badger, looking pleased, ' I' am happy to tell you that Toad now realizes how silly he has been.
朋友们,獾看起来很开心,我高兴地告诉你们癞蛤蟆现在已认识到他曾经有多愚蠢。
He has promised never to get into a motor-car again. '
他已发誓再也不走进汽车。
'That is very good news, ' said the Mole seriously.
这倒是非常不错的消息,鼹鼠一本正经地说。
'Very good indeed, 'the Rat said, watching Toad's face carefully.
的确不赖,水鼠边说边审视着癞蛤蟆脸上的表情。
'Now, Toad, ' continued the Badger, 'I'd like you to repeat your promise in front of your friends. '
好了,蛤蟆,獾接着说,我要你在你朋友面前重复你的诺言。
There was a long, long silence.
接下来是一段长长的沉默。
' No! ' said Toad suddenly. ' No, I won't. I'm not sorry, and I haven't been silly at all. It was all wonderful! And I won't promise anything! '
不!癞蛤蟆突然说。不,我不。我不感到愧疚,我一点儿也不愚蠢。那整个太精彩了!我才不发什么誓呢!
'What?' cried the Badger. 'But in there you told me—'
什么?獾叫道。但是在那儿你告诉我——
'Yes, yes, I know, 'said Toad quickly. ' You argue so beautifully, dear Badger, and I can't stop myself agreeing with you.
是的,是的,我知道,癞蛤蟆赶快说,你说得那么至情至理,亲爱的獾,我就忍不住答应你了。
But I' ve been thinking about it. I love driving, I' m a wonderful driver, and I promise you I' ll go on driving for ever! Poop-poop! '
但是我一直在想这个问题。我喜欢开车,我是了不起的驾车手,我发誓我将继续永远开车!扑扑-扑扑!
' I told you so, didn' t I? ' the Rat said to the Mole.
我告诉过你吧,是不是?水鼠对鼹鼠说。
' Very well, ' said the Badger . ' If you won't listen to reason, we' ll have to try another way.
很好,獾说,如果你不听忠告,我们将不得不采取另一种方法。
We're going to stay with you in your house until you become sensible.
我们打算和你呆在你的屋里直到你清醒过来。
Take him upstairs, you two, and lock him in his bedroom, '
带他上楼去,你们俩,把他锁在卧室里。

关于《风雨河岸柳》

虽然肯尼思·格雷厄姆的童年充满烦恼,但他创作出的《柳林风声》的基调却是甜美的。

分享到
重点单词
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • silencen. 沉默,寂静 vt. 使安静,使沉默
  • sensibleadj. 可察觉的,意识到的,实用的 n. 可感知物
  • badgern. 獾,獾皮(毛) Badger:獾州人(对威斯康星州