(单词翻译:单击)
中英文本
Last week, I got a wake-up call.
上周,一通电话惊扰了我的美梦 。
One of my oldest friends from high school died suddenly in an accident, leaving no will.
我高中时期的一个老朋友突然死于一场事故,但没有留下遗嘱 。
With no estate planning at all, his assets went into probate and his dependents were left in limbo.
由于没有遗产规划,他的资产开始遗嘱认证阶段,所以他的亲属都不是很稳定 。
My friend was a young man, the same age as me.
那位朋友是和我同龄的年轻男生 。
At our age, who thinks about estate planning?
像我们这样的年纪,谁会想着遗产规划?
Well, he should have and I'm starting right now to put my affairs in order.
嗯,他要是这样就好了,而我现在就将自己的事情安排妥当 。
I've already decided who will be my beneficiaries and how much of an inheritance each family member will get.
我已经决定谁将成为我的受益人以及每位家庭成员会继承多少 。
One big decision I'm still thinking about is who should be my executor.
我还想着的一个重大的决定是谁应该成为我的遗嘱执行人 。
I want to make sure my bequests are carried out and my assets are properly disposed of, so this person has to be trustworthy.
我想确保我的遗赠被分配,资产得到妥善处理,那么这个人必须是可信赖的 。
After I make those decisions, I'll write a holographic will.
在做出这些决定后,我将写一份亲笔遗嘱 。
It's the simplest way of drawing up a will and adding codicils without an attorney, and since I'm still of sound mind, there shouldn't be any problems.
这是起草一份遗嘱最简单的方法而且无需律师就能添加遗嘱附件,而且仍然心智健全的我应该没有任何问题 。
I'll ask my neighbors to be witnesses.
我将要求邻居作为见证人 。
Before I start drawing up my will, though, I still have one other important decision to make.
在我开始制定遗嘱前还有另一个重要的决定 。
Who should get custody of my eight cats?
那就是我的八只猫谁来负责呢?
知识点讲解
1.estate planning 遗产计划
2.in limbo处于不稳定
3.holographic will亲笔遗嘱