(单词翻译:单击)
Danny: You look like you need to relax.
丹尼:你看起来似乎需要休息 。
Sybil: Excuse me?
西比尔:请原谅?
Danny: What I mean is, you look like you could use some R and R.
丹尼:我的意思是,你看样子需要去休息和娱乐一下 。
Sybil: I didn't know I looked tired and worn out.
西比尔:我不知道我看上去如此精疲力尽 。
Danny: No, what I'm trying to say is, people need leisure time once in a while.
丹尼:不,我想说的是人偶尔需要闲暇的时光 。
Sybil: Yes, that's certainly true.
西比尔:是呀,那确实是真的 。
Danny: The human body needs downtime to recuperate and to regenerate.
丹尼:人的身体需要停下来康复体魄,改过自新 。
Sybil: Okay, I guess that's true.
西比尔:好吧,我想这是事实 。
Danny: Let me rephrase that. People need time away from work to get ready for more work.
丹尼:让我换种说法吧 。人们需要从工作中脱离一段时间,才能为以后更多的工作做好准备 。
Sybil: Are you saying you're planning on giving me more work?
西比尔:你是指你计划分配给我更多的任务?
Danny: No, no, no. Let me put it another way. It's imperative that you don't work this weekend.
丹尼:不不不 。我换种说法吧 。这个周末你可以不必去工作 。
Sybil: Why? What's going on this weekend? Are you saying that something big is happening in the department this weekend and I'm being left out?
西比尔:为什么?这周末有什么事情吗?你是指这周末咱们部门有很重要的活动,而我却不能参加吗?
Danny: No, not at all. What I'm trying to say is...would you like to go out with me Saturday night?
丹尼:不,根本不是 。我想说的是...你愿不愿意星期六晚上陪我出去?
Sybil: Oh, I guess I didn't catch your drift earlier. You're asking me out for Saturday.
西比尔:啊,我刚才没有领会你的意思 。你邀请我星期六跟你出去约会 。
Danny: Yes, I am.
丹尼:是的 。
Sybil: Then, I accept.
西比尔:那么,我接受 。
Danny: Really?
丹尼:真的吗?
Sybil: Yes, as long as you promise never to ask me out on a first date ever again!
西比尔:是的,只要你答应我再也不在第一次约会时约我出去!
原文译文属可可原创,未经允许请勿转载!