(单词翻译:单击)
I was having a great day until I saw the police car behind me with its loud siren and lights flashing. I pulled off the road and waited for the officer to approach my car.
今天过得很愉快,直到我看见身后一辆响着鸣笛、闪着红灯的警车 。我把车靠边停下,等待着那位警察靠近 。
Officer: May I see your driver's license, proof of insurance, and car registration, please?
警察:我能看看你的驾照、保险证明还有车辆登记吗?
Lindsay: Let me get them out of my glove compartment. Here they are. What did I do wrong, officer?
林赛:让我把它们从贮物箱里拿出来吧 。在这里 。警官,我做错了什么吗?
Officer: Didn't you see that stop sign back there?
警察:你没看见后边的那个停车标志吗?
Lindsay: Stop sign? What stop sign? I didn't see any stop sign.
林赛:停车标志?什么停车标志?我没看见任何停车标志 。
Officer: Sit tight and I'll be right back.
警察:坐着别动,我马上回来 。
I guess he was running my driver's license and license plate numbers to make sure there are no outstanding warrants for me or for my car. He came back after a few minutes.
我猜他是去扫描我的驾照和车牌号,以确保我没有作奸犯科 。几分钟后他回来了 。
Officer: You ran a stop sign back there and I'm going to have to give you a citation.
警察:你闯了后面那个停车标志,所以我得给你一张传票 。
Lindsay: Is that really necessary, officer? I'm really sorry I ran the stop sign and I'll be more careful next time.
林赛:警官,真有这个必要吗?我很抱歉我闯了停车标志,下次我会更加小心的 。
Officer: I suppose I could let you off with a warning, just this once.
警察:我想我可以只警告一下不记过,但下次不要再犯了 。
Lindsay: Oh, thank you so much!
林赛:啊,太感谢你了!
Officer: Drive more carefully in the future.
警察:以后开车小心点 。
Lindsay: I will. I definitely will.
林赛:会的,我肯定会的 。
Phew! That was close. Good thing I tossed the incriminating evidence out the window before I pulled off the road!
唷!好险!幸好我在停车前将相关证据扔出了窗外 。
原文译文属可可原创,未经允许请勿转载!