BBC地平线系列之《长生不老》第37期:重新变成孩子
日期:2013-04-15 23:36

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Ageing to me is not being able to do what you used to do.
对于我来说 变老就是不能再做以前的事
I don't even cook now.
我现在都不做饭了
I still like to do my own thing
我还在打理自己的事情
but there's limits
但也很有限
and you know you can't do it.
你知道有些事做不了
So you just have to give in, as they say, gracefully.
这时你只要洒脱地放弃
Probably I don't give in gracefully but...
也许我放弃的不够洒脱
It's made me realise that it's, it's a bit
这让我意识到
like being a child again because your control over life goes.
就像重新变成孩子 对生活没有了控制权
You become more dependent on other people
你变得依赖别人
and that's really hard because
但要接受这些非常困难
I've seen Mum having difficulty letting go.
因为我见过母亲就难以放手
I've tried to make sure that Mum
我努力的不让我母亲
feels that she's not being pressured into things
感觉到她被催着做事
cos I wouldn't want to be pressured into things if I were her.
如果我是她 肯定不想有这种感觉
We do have rows but we always make up,
我们有过争吵 但都会讲和
we always make up and it's always me that says sorry.
而且都是我先认错
Changes and losses may happen to those we love.
我们爱的人会改变会离开

重点解释

Ageing to me is not being able to do what you used to do.对于我来说,变老就是不能再做以前的事

be able to:会; 能

It took him three months to be able to run a mile.

要能跑一英里需要他三个月。

We hoped that we should be able to do that.

我们希望我们能这样做。

You become more dependent on other people你变得依赖别人

dependent on:依赖

The child is dependent on his parents for support.

这个小孩靠他的父母养活。

We do have rows but we always make up,我们有过争吵,但都会讲和

make up:和解

She tired to make up to the boss.

她想讨好老板。

分享到
重点单词
  • gracefullyadv. 优雅地;温文地
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • dependentadj. 依靠的,依赖的,从属的 n. 受援助者