BBC地平线系列之《长生不老》第26期:抗衰老的机理
日期:2013-04-04 19:25

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

The cell cannot deal with
与新细胞相比
damage as well as it could when,
老细胞抵御这种损坏的能力
when it was young.
没那么强
I think that's actually almost the definition
我觉得这大概就是细胞衰老的
of cellular ageing.
原因所在
And why that exactly is, we really don't know.
具体是什么原因呢 我们也不清楚
And that is in a way the real ageing mechanism.
在某种程度上 那就是真正的衰老机理
See how his hands are starting to turn white?
看看他的双手是怎么开始变白的
This is what usually happens when we go out in the cold.
当我们在寒冷的天气外出时 就会这样
Come on, buddy.
孩子 过来
I don't know how to make sense of it.
我不知道这是怎么回事
I just don't know where to go with it sometimes, you know.
有时 我都不知道该怎么办
I look at my grandchild
我看着我的孙子
and realise he's older than me in his body.
意识到他的生理年龄比我还大
And that little walk we took to the park today
今天 就在我们去公园的路上
tells me I'm getting older now.
我意识到了自己正在不停的衰老
My knees hurt, I have a little arthritis
我的膝盖很疼 我有轻微关节炎
and I have pain in my knees.
我膝盖很疼
But he has it, too.
不过我孙子也有关节炎
To have to see him
眼睁睁的看着他
go through that at five years old, it's like...'
才五岁就要受这种痛苦 就像是
I don't know how to put it in perspective,
我不知道要怎样表达我的心情
it's just hard to put it in perspective,
我会永远疼爱这个小家伙
other than I love the little guy to death.
除此之外 我不知道该说什么

重点解释

The cell cannot deal with damage as well as it could when,when it was young.与新细胞相比老细胞抵御这种损坏的能力没那么强

deal with:处理,对付

They were not equipped to deal with the situation.

他们没有准备好应付这种局面。

as well as:和…一样

She did as well as anybody else.

她做得比别人毫不逊色。

I don't know how to make sense of it.我不知道这是怎么回事

make sense of:懂得; 了解 ... 的意义

Can you make sense of what I say?

你能领会我说的意思吗?

To have to see him go through that at five years old, it's like...'眼睁睁的看着他才五岁就要受这种痛苦,就像是

go through:经历,遭受

He is willing to go through the mill.

他愿接受磨链。

分享到
重点单词
  • cellularadj. 细胞的,松织的 n. 手机
  • milln. 磨坊,磨粉机,工厂 v. 碾碎,磨,(使)乱转
  • mechanismn. 机制,原理 n. 机械,机构,结构
  • perspectiven. 远景,看法,透视 adj. 透视的
  • celln. 细胞,电池,小组,小房间,单人牢房,(蜂房的)巢室
  • willingadj. 愿意的,心甘情愿的
  • definitionn. 定义,阐释,清晰度