BBC地平线系列之《狗狗秘闻》第4期:狗如何解读我们的情绪
日期:2013-02-01 19:01

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

The key to a dog's ability to read our emotions
狗狗解读我们情绪的关键可能是一些
might lie in something we all do without knowing it.
我们一直在做却重来没有注意到的东西
When we express our emotions in our faces,
当我们表现出我们的情绪时
we don't do it symmetrically.
我们的脸并不对称
It's been shown that if you take somebody's face
研究证明 当一个人表现出
when they're expressing some emotion like
喜悦 愤怒或什么别的感情的时候
happiness or anger or something like that,
他们的脸部的左边和右边
there is a difference between the left and right side.
其实并不是完全相同的
Composite faces consisting of
由两张左脸和两张右脸
two right or two left sides look very different.
合成出来的脸 看上去非常不同
One theory is maybe our emotions
有理论认为我们的情绪可能
are more faithfully presented in the right side of our face,
更可靠地反映在我们的右脸上
and that's the side that we tune into.
就是我们所合成出来的那边
When we look at a face,
当我们看一张脸的时候
we have what's known as a natural Left gaze bias
我们本能的去盯左脸获取信息
so you naturally look much more towards the left,
因此你会自然而然的多看左边的脸
ie the right-hand side of somebody's face.
也就是被看的那个人的右脸
Eye tracking software has demonstrated that
眼部跟踪软件证实了
when presented with a human face,
当我们看人的脸部
we nearly always look left first.
我们几乎总是先看左半边
Daniel Mills wanted to find out
丹尼尔·米尔斯想要找出
if dogs used the same trick to read human faces.
狗是不是使用同样的诀窍分析人脸
Shifting the direction of your gaze
改变凝视的方向
we thought was fairly unique to people
我们曾以为这是人类的独有技能
until we started looking at dogs.
直到我们开始盯着狗狗
Tess, Tessy!
泰斯 泰斯
To test the theory,
测试一下该理论
his team recreated this experiment with dogs.
他的团队重启了这项对狗的实验

重点解释

Composite faces consisting of two right or two left sides look very different.由两张左脸和两张右脸合成出来的脸,看上去非常不同

consist of:由 ... 组成

A week consist of seven days.

一星期由七天组成。

Daniel Mills wanted to find out if dogs used the same trick to read human faces.丹尼尔·米尔斯想要找出狗是不是使用同样的诀窍分析人脸

find out:发现;找出;揭发出来

You can find out many advantages in urban life.

你会发现都市生活中有许多便利之处。

I am trying to find out experience in teaching.

我在摸索教学经验。

we thought was fairly unique to people until we started looking at dogs.我们曾以为这是人类的独有技能直到我们开始盯着狗狗

unique to:只有 ... 才有的

The ancient garden in China is unique to the world.

中国古代的园林是世界独有的。

The koala is unique to Australia.

树袋熊是澳大利亚独有的。

分享到
重点单词
  • tunen. 曲调,调子,和谐,协调,调整 vt. 调整,为 .
  • biasn. 偏见,斜纹 vt. 使偏心
  • uniqueadj. 独一无二的,独特的,稀罕的
  • urbanadj. 城市的,都市的
  • shiftingn. 转移 adj. 不断改换的 动词shift的现在分