(单词翻译:单击)
Ivy: This is so sad!
艾薇:太令人伤心了!
Stephan: What is?
史蒂芬:怎么回事?
Ivy: I'm reading the obituary for one of my favorite actors as a child, Mr. McBoo. He had quite a life.
艾薇:我读到一则讣告,我孩童时代最喜欢的男演员 McBoo 先生去世了 。
Stephan: Oh, yeah?
史蒂芬:啊,是吗?
Ivy: Yeah, and this article has really done him justice. It's a nice tribute to a man who touched so many lives. It says here that he's survived by his wife and five children.
艾薇:是的,这篇文章真实地评价了他的一生 。这是对感动过许多人的演员最好的致敬方式 。这里写道他留下了妻子和五个孩子 。
Stephan: Did he live to a ripe old age?
史蒂芬:他晚年过得好吗?
Ivy: He was 97 when he died. There'll be a memorial service and funeral for him this Saturday. I think I'll send some flowers.
艾薇:他活到97岁去世 。他的追悼会和葬礼将在这个星期六举行 。我想我会过去送些花 。
Stephan: Really? You didn't know him personally, did you?
史蒂芬:真的吗?你并没有亲自见过他,对吗?
Ivy: No, but it would be nice to be part of the funeral, in some small way. I wonder who'll be giving the eulogies. I'm sure it'll be somebody important.
艾薇:没有,但参加他的葬礼也不错 。我想知道是谁念追悼词 。肯定是一位重要人士 。
Stephan: If you say so. I've never heard of him. Was he on a children's show, or something?
史蒂芬:如果你说是,那就是吧 。我从未听说过他 。他表演是儿童节目,还是其他什么节目?
Ivy: You've never heard of Mr. McBoo?! Were you raised in a cave?
艾薇:你从没听过 McBoo 先生?!!你是在山洞里长大的吗?
Stephan: Not quite. We didn't have a TV in the home when I was growing up.
史蒂芬:不完全是 。我童年的时候,家里没有电视机 。
Ivy: Oh, you poor, poor man. You've been deprived of Mr. McBoo all your life. Don't worry. I'll fix that. I have all of his shows, so we can have a viewing marathon this weekend.
艾薇:啊,你真可怜 。你的生命中竟然错过了 McBoo 先生 。别担心 。我会帮你弥补这个遗憾 。我收藏有他所有的节目,所以这个周末我们可以无限观看了 。
Stephan: Lucky me.
史蒂芬:我真幸运 。
原文译文属可可原创,未经允许请勿转载!