(单词翻译:单击)
Helen:So, what's for lunch?
海伦:那么,中午吃什么?
Gabe:Since you were nice enough to spend your Saturday morning helping me out, I'll make sandwiches for lunch. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I make a mean sandwich.
加布:既然你牺牲了星期六早晨陪我出去,所以我打算为你做些三明治当午餐 。我知道这听起来微不足道,但是我会用心做的 。
Helen:That sounds good, but you're not going to use those cold cuts, are you?
海伦:听着还不错,但是你不打算做冷肉拼盘,是吗?
Gabe:I was. Why?
加布:我是这么打算的 。为什么?
Helen:Those are processed meats made with additives and a lot of sodium—definitely not what you'd want to put into your body.
海伦:它们都是些用食品添加剂和许多含钠化合物处理过的肉——你绝不希望吃进这些东西 。
Gabe:I eat these kinds of cold cuts all the time.
加布:我一直都在吃这种冷肉 。
Helen:You shouldn't if you don't want to eat a lot saturated fat.
海伦:如果你不想摄入太多饱和脂肪,你就不应该吃 。
Gabe:Okay, how about if I make us salads.
加布:好吧,不如我做沙拉吧 。
Helen:Not with those greens. Unless they're organic, they're full of pesticides and chemicals.
海伦:不能用这些绿色蔬菜 。除非是有机蔬菜,这些蔬菜上长满虫子,还残留有农药 。
Gabe:All right, how about if I make us healthy smoothies?
加布:好吧,不如做冰沙吧?
Helen:Only if you use only fresh fruit. Bottled juices are full of high-fructose corn syrup. Yuck!
海伦:除非你用的是新鲜水果 。瓶装的果汁里全是高果糖玉米糖浆 。讨厌!
Gabe:I've got a great idea.
加布:我想到一个好主意 。
Helen:What?
海伦:什么?
Gabe:You pick the restaurant and I'll buy you lunch.
加布:你选一个餐厅,然后我来买单 。
Helen:I don't want to put you to any trouble.
海伦:我不想给你添麻烦 。
Gabe:It's no trouble at all. I'd do anything to get you out of my kitchen!
加布:一点也不麻烦 。我会不惜一切代价让你离开我的厨房 。
原文译文属可可原创,未经允许请勿转载!