(单词翻译:单击)
Angela:Ugh! I hate talking to Rebecca. Every time I ask her a question, she ignores me or sneers at me.
安吉拉:啊!我讨厌瑞贝卡 。每次问她问题,要么不理我,要么嘲笑我 。
Ronny:Are you sure it’s not your imagination? She’s perfectly nice to me.
罗尼:你确定这不是你的想象?她待我非常好 。
Angela:It’s not my imagination. When I try to tell her something, she cuts me off. When I try to explain something to her, she’s short with me or talks over me. I always get the feeling that she’s looking down her nose at me.
安吉拉:这不是我的想象 。每当我要告诉她什么事,她总是打断我 。每当我要跟她解释一些事,她要么很无礼,要么反过来说服我 。我总感觉她太目中无人了 。
Ronny:Maybe she feels threatened by you.
罗尼:也许她觉得你对她有威胁 。
Angela:How so?
安吉拉:为什么?
Ronny:You’re younger, smarter, and better educated. She might feel like you’re after her job.
罗尼:你比她年轻,聪明,学历也比她高 。她可能觉得你在觊觎她的位置 。
Angela:But I’m not! I just started here and I don’t have any designs on replacing her.
安吉拉:但是我没有啊!我才刚起步,从没想过要取代她 。
Ronny:And you’re prettier than she is.
罗尼:还有你比她长得漂亮 。
Angela:What does that have to do with anything, even if it were true?
安吉拉:就算是真的,这又有什么关系呢?
Ronny:Well, she’s had a thing for me for a while and…
罗尼:好吧,她有段时间很喜欢我并且...
Angela:And she thinks I’m her competition. No wonder she’s so standoffish with me. I’ll just make it clear that I won’t stand in her way.
安吉拉:并且觉得我是她的竞争对手 。怪不得她对我很冷漠 。我会明白得告诉她,我不会阻碍她 。
Ronny:You won’t?
罗尼:你不会吗?
Angela:Huh?
安吉拉:哼?
Ronny:Never mind.
罗尼:别在意 。
原文译文属可可原创,未经允许请勿转载!