(单词翻译:单击)
Gwen: Do you see that heavyset guy over there, the one towering over everyone else?
格温:看到那个身材魁梧的家伙了吗?就是那个比别人高一头的家伙 。
Denzel: Yeah, what about him?
丹泽:看到了 。他怎么了?
Gwen: He’s my ex-boyfriend. I haven’t seen him in years. When I knew him he was really skinny. He’s really put on a few pounds. It’s amazing what a few years can do.
格温:他是我的前男友 。我已经多年没有见过他了 。我认识他的时候他还很瘦呢,如今他都胖了一圈了 。光阴荏苒,匆匆数年,一个人就改变这么多,太惊人了 。
Denzel: None of us are as svelte as we used to be.
丹泽:我们都不如以前苗条了 。
Gwen: That’s true enough. I’m not as petite as I used to be, that’s for sure.
格温:千真万确 。我也没有以前那么娇小了 。真的 。
Denzel: How come you’ve never mentioned this ex-boyfriend before?
丹泽:为什么你从来没有提过这个前男友?
Gwen: Oh, I’d almost forgotten about him. Oh, no. I hope that guy over there didn’t see me.
格温:噢,我几乎把他都忘了 。哦,不 。我希望那边的那个人没看见我 。
Denzel: Who? That short, stocky guy?
丹泽:谁?就是那个矮冬瓜吗?
Gwen: No, the average height guy who’s walking this way. He’s another one of my exes. I’d hoped never to see him again.
格温:不,就是那个往这边走的中等身材的家伙 。他是我的另一个前男友 。我曾希望永远不再见到他 。
Denzel: It was a bad breakup?
丹泽:不愉快的分手?
Gwen: Right. Let’s head toward the door.
格温:是的 。我们往门那边走 。
Denzel: Why hadn’t you mentioned him before?
丹泽:为什么你从来没有提到他呢?
Gwen: I thought I had. There have been so many...
格温:我记得我提到了 。这么多......
Denzel: Don’t look now, but your ex is also headed toward the door.
丹泽:不要看,你的前男友也往门那边走呢 。
Gwen: Which one?
格温:哪一个?
Denzel: The tall medium build guy walking next to you!
丹泽:中等身材的那个,走到你旁边了!