地道美语听力播客:借钱的烦恼
日期:2012-02-02 14:12

(单词翻译:单击)

英文对话
Britney: I was thinking of hitting up Jane for a little loan. You know her better than I do. What are the chances she’ll spot me a couple hundred dollars until next month?
我正在想去恳求Jane来借给我一点贷款。你比我更了解她。什么是机会,她借给几百块钱,期限到下个月,可能性会多大?
Salvador: I think that’s a pipe dream. I wouldn’t exactly call her a cheapskate, but she’s not known for her generosity.
我认为那是白日梦。我不会确切地称她小气鬼,但她并不以慷慨出名。
Britney: What about Francke? He’s rolling in it. He could easily part with a couple hundred bucks without giving it a second thought.
弗朗克如何?他很慷慨。不用再次考虑他就能拿出几百元。
Salvador: You’ve got your work cut out for you if you think you can borrow money from Francke. He’s always been a penny- pincher and he always will be.
如果你认为你可以从Francke借到钱,你已经能抢钱了。他一直一分钱平彻,他一直是个守财奴,将来也会是那样。
Britney: Okay, then help me think. Who do we know who isn’t stingy? Who do we know who is big-hearted and charitable?
好吧,那帮我想想。我们谁知道谁不吝啬?我们谁知道谁出手大方且心地慈善?
Salvador: What the heck. Here’s $150 to tide you over until your next payday.
搞神秘鬼。这是150美元帮你解困,期限到下个发薪日。
Britney: Wow, thanks! You know, another $100 would really come in handy.
哇,谢谢!你知道,再借我100元,那才真正派上用场。
Salvador: I really think you should quit while you’re ahead.
我觉得你应该见好就收。

词汇讲解
1.hit up 请求
Henry hits up his father's friends for work.
亨利请求他父亲的朋友们介绍工作。

2.pipe dream 白日梦, 幻想
Wake up.Don't make pipe dream.
醒醒吧。别做白日梦了。

3.roll in 滚滚而来, 大量涌来
Already we are beginning to roll in eventual wealth.
咱们已经开始往富人队里混了。

4.part with 和 ... 分离, 放弃, 出让
Despite his poverty, he refuse to part with the family jewel.
他尽管贫穷,却不肯变卖家中的珠宝。

5.give it a second thought 考虑下
The idea was preposterous and I determined not to give it a second thought.
这个想法太荒谬了,我决心不再想它了。

6.What the heck?(你讲)什么鬼东西?

7.come in handy 派得上用场
Don't throw it away, It may come in handy one day
不要把它扔掉,或许有一天会有用的。

8.quit while you’re ahead 见好就收
Why don't you quit while you're ahead,
为什么不见好就收?

分享到
重点单词
  • refusev. 拒绝 n. 垃圾,废物 adj. 无用的
  • determinedadj. 坚毅的,下定决心的
  • loann. 贷款,借出,债权人 v. 借,供应货款,借给
  • stingyadj. 吝啬的,小气的
  • preposterousadj. 荒谬的,可笑的
  • generosityn. 慷慨,大方
  • charitableadj. 仁慈的,(为)慈善事业的,宽恕的
  • povertyn. 贫困,贫乏