地道美语听力播客:保护个人隐私
日期:2012-02-01 17:12

(单词翻译:单击)

英文对话
I went to visit my old friend, Mina, whom I hadn’t seen in several years. It was one of the strangest afternoons of my life!
我去拜访我的老朋友,米娜,我已经几年没有见过她了。这是我生命中最奇怪的下午之一!
Dan: Hi, Mina, it’s really good to see you.
嗨,米娜,很高兴见到你。
Mina: Dan, come in. Hurry!
丹,进来,快点!
[Dan: Uh, okay. Why do you have four locks on your door, and why are all of the curtains drawn?
嗯,好的。为什么门上有4把锁?为什么所有的窗帘都要拉上?
Mina: I like my privacy. And anyway, I think there’s a peeping Tom around this apartment building and I don’t want him to get a peek into my apartment.
我喜欢我的隐私。反正,我觉得这个公寓大楼周围有一个偷窥者,我不让他窥视到我的公寓。
Dan: Oh, okay. I noticed that your name isn’t on your mailbox. I wasn’t sure I had the right apartment number.
哦,好的。我注意到,你的邮箱上没有你的名字。我不知道我手上的公寓号码是否正确。
Mina: Do you think I would voluntarily give people that information? They are constantly trying to invade my privacy. All I want is anonymity, but I have to be on guard all of the time. These days, I only give out personal information on a need- to-know basis.
你觉得我会主动给人们那样的信息吗?他们不断尝试入侵犯我的隐私。我只想匿名,但我一直都得小心。这些天,我只在必要的时候才透露我的个人信息。
Dan: No offense, but isn’t that a little paranoid? You act as though everybody is out to get you.
没有冒犯的意思,但那是不是有点偏执?你的行为好像每个人都想抓你。
Mina: Aren’t they? Haven’t you noticed? We constantly have to disclose our most personal information on forms and to anyone who comes to our door. If I didn’t know you were coming today, I wouldn’t have opened my door at all.
难倒不是吗?你有没有注意到?我们不得不在填表的时候披露我们的个人信息或任何人来到我们家的人。如果我不知道你今天来,我根本不会打开我的门。
Dan: You mean you live here in seclusion, like a hermit?
你的意思是你像一个隐士住在这里,隐居?
Mina: Of course not! I have plenty of friends. Come and meet them all.
当然不是!我有很多朋友。快来见见他们。
Dan: Wow, you must have 10 birds and 20 cats!
哇,你肯定有10只鸟和20只猫!
Mina: Yes, that’s right. But, rest assured, none of them will breathe a word of what you say here today!
是的,说对了。但是,放心吧,它们都不会说出你今天在这里说过的话!

词汇讲解

1.Peeping Tom 偷看者(特指喜欢偷看裸体女人的好色之徒)
When you are at home alone, be careful of Peeping Tom.
当你自己一个人在家时,要小心偷看者。

2.be on guard 戒备着
Be on guard against those who are jealous of your success.
要提防那些嫉妒你的成功的人。

3.need-to-know basis 必要的时候
I only help him on a need-to-know basis.
我只在必要的时候帮助他。

4.be out to get you 想抓你
Be careful: he's out to get you.
小心,他想抓你。

5. rest assured 放心
Please rest assured that repayment is ensured.
请您放心,还款是有保障的。

6.breathe a word 说出(讲出)
Don't breathe a word of this.
不要走漏这个消息。

分享到
重点单词
  • voluntarilyadv. 自动地,以自由意志
  • constantlyadv. 不断地,经常地
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • disclosevt. 揭露
  • anonymityn. 匿名,笔者不明
  • privacyn. 隐私,隐居,秘密
  • paranoidn. (=paranoiac)患妄想狂者 adj. 类似
  • assuredadj. 确实的,保障的,有自信的 动词assure的过
  • invadevt. 侵略,侵害,拥入
  • seclusionn. 隔离,隔绝