地道美语听力播客:开玩笑的副作用
日期:2012-01-16 15:09

(单词翻译:单击)

Dmitry: Stan is really miffed at you. All of that teasing at lunch really upset him.
Stan真的对你很恼火。在午餐时的细弄让你很心烦。

Charlene: What? I was just poking fun at him for trying to hit on the new, young receptionist.
什么?我只是拿他来玩笑来挑逗新来的年轻接待员。

Dmitry: You called him an old goat.
你叫他老山羊。

Charlene: I said that tongue in cheek. If he didn’t find that funny, then he can’t take a joke.
我是开玩笑的。如果他不觉得那有趣,那么他经不起开玩笑。


Dmitry: What about last week when you told that joke about fat people trying to dance and you made him the butt of the joke?
那上周你讲的关于胖人试图去跳舞的笑话,你是拿他找乐子吗?

Charlene: Everybody knows I’m the class clown around here, and I make wisecracks about everybody. Nobody else is as thin-skinned as Stan.
大家都知道,我是这里耍宝的人,我会说每个人的俏皮话。没有其他人像Stan.那么敏感。

Dmitry: I wouldn’t be so sure about that. I suggest you watch your back. The next joke may be on you.
我还不那么肯定。我建议你还是小心些。下那一个笑话可能就拿你开涮。

Charlene: Why? What have you heard?
为什么?你听说到什么了?

Dmitry: Oh, nothing. I just think it may be time for some payback —— big time!
哦,没什么。我只是觉得可能到了那你开玩笑的时候了——欢乐时刻!

poke fun at 拿…开玩笑
hit on 挑逗
tongue-in-cheek a.不当真的, 半开玩笑的
take a joke 经得起开玩笑
the butt of the joke 找乐子
class clown 耍宝的人
thin-skinned a.脸皮薄的, 敏感的
watch your back 小心些
pay back 报复
big time 欢乐时刻

分享到
重点单词
  • poken. 刺,戳,袋 vt. 拨开,刺,戳 vi. 戳,刺,
  • teasingn. 戏弄
  • upsetadj. 心烦的,苦恼的,不安的 v. 推翻,翻倒,扰乱