地道美语听力播客:发脾气
日期:2012-01-04 13:52

(单词翻译:单击)

Alberto: What was that ear-splitting scream?
这震耳欲聋的尖叫声是怎么回事?

Melissa: That little girl over there is having a temper tantrum.
那边的小女孩在发脾气。

Alberto: Oh, great! The movie hasn’t even started and that kid is already acting up.
哦,太棒了!影片甚至还没有开始,那小子已经开始耍脾气了。

Melissa: I hope she’s okay. She looks miserable. Maybe her parents can distract her somehow.
我希望她没事。她看起来很难受。也许她的父母可以转移下她的注意力。

Alberto: She’s fine. She’s just looking for attention or frustrated she didn’t get what she wanted. If parents didn’t give in every time their child wanted something, kids wouldn’t throw tantrums.
她没事。她只是在引起别人的关注或因为没有得到她想要的东西而感到沮丧。如果每次孩子们要东西时,父母都不屈服,孩子们就不会发脾气。

Melissa: I don’t know. When my son was little, he used to throw tantrums when he didn’t know how to tell us what he needed. He got frustrated and sometimes, he would start kicking and screaming.
我不知道。我儿子小的时候,当他不知道如何告诉我们他需要什么东西时就会发脾气。他感到沮丧,有时,甚至会大声抱怨。

Alberto: Well, I don’t think that’s the case here. Look at those parents. They’re going to buy the girl some candy to quiet her down. That’s just rewarding her for her misbehavior.
我认为这儿不是那种情况。看看那些家长。他们打算买一些糖果女孩来使她安静下来。这只会奖励她的不当行为。

Melissa: What would you do instead?
如果换作是你,你会怎么做?

Alberto: I would set limits so that things like this never happened. In this case, I would give that girl a spanking. It’s all about having consequences for bad behavior.
我会定些规矩,那样这样的事情从来就不会发生。在这种情况下,我想给打那个女孩的屁股。这就是不良行为的后果。

Melissa: Oh, yeah? Did that work with your children?
哦,是吗?那对你的孩子有用吗?

Alberto: Uh, I don’t have any kids.
嗯,我没有孩子。

Melissa: That’s what I thought!
我也这么想!


temper tantrum 耍小孩脾气

act up 耍脾气,捣蛋

look for attention 引起注意

give in 屈服

kick and scream 大声抱怨

quiet down 使安静下来, 平静下来

set limits 定规矩

分享到
重点单词
  • screamn. 尖叫声 v. 尖叫,大笑
  • miserableadj. 悲惨的,痛苦的,贫乏的
  • tempern. 脾气,性情 vt. 使缓和,调和 n. 调剂
  • distractvt. 转移,分心
  • candyn. 糖果 vt. 用糖煮,使结晶为砂糖 vi. 结晶为
  • actingn. 演戏,行为,假装 adj. 代理的,临时的,供演出
  • rewardingadj. 有报酬的,有益的