地道美语听力播客:重新布置起居室的家具
日期:2011-12-02 09:01

(单词翻译:单击)


Amy: I think rearranging the furniture will make the living room look more spacious. Don’t you?
我想要重新安排起居室里的家具来使屋子宽敞些。你说呢?

Jacob: Uh, sure.
当然可以。

Amy: Can you help me move this couch against this wall?
你能帮我移动下长沙发,让它靠着墙吗?

Jacob: Okay, but are you sure you want it over there? Because it’s really heavy and a pain to move.
好吧,但是你确定想放在那里吗?沙发很沉,搬起来很费劲。

Amy: I’m sure. Let’s move the loveseat across from it. Now, can you move the recliner into the corner?
我确定。我们将双人沙发从那儿移过来。现在你能将活动躺椅搬到墙角吗?

Jacob: Uh! Here?
这里吗?

Amy: Umm...a little to the left. Perfect!
再往左边点。好了!

Jacob: Are you sure?
你确定吗?

Amy: Absolutely! Okay, the end tables go on each side of the couch, and the coffee table goes between the couch and the loveseat.
当然。茶几要挨着长沙发,矮茶几放在长沙发和双人沙发之间。

Jacob: Where do you want the ottoman and where do the lamps go?
软垫椅子放哪儿?台灯放哪儿?

Amy: Put the ottoman next to the loveseat. The table lamps go on the end tables and the floor lamp should go next to the recliner.
椅子挨着双人沙发。台灯挨着茶几,地灯靠着活动躺椅。

Jacob: There’s no room for the rocking chair.
没地方放安乐椅了。

Amy: Hmm…I guess the rocking chair can go into the guestroom.
我想安乐椅可以放到客厅。

Jacob: What about the credenza?
书柜呢?

Amy: You’re right. This new configuration won’t work.
你说得对。这种布置不行。

Jacob: You mean you want to put everything back to where it was?
你是说要把东西都放回原处?

Amy: Yup, we’re back to square one!
恩,恢复原状。

rearrange vt.再排列, 重新整理
spacious adj. 宽敞的
couch n.长沙发
loveseat n.双人沙发
recliner n.活动躺椅
end table 茶几
coffee table 矮茶几
ottoman n. 软垫椅子
table lamp 台灯
floor lamp 落地灯
rocking chair 安乐椅
guest room 客室
credenza n. 书柜
configuration n. 结构; 布置
back to square one 问题回到原态

分享到
重点单词
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • configurationn. 结构,布局,形态,格式塔心理完形 [计算机] 配置
  • rearrange重新整理,重新排序